Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I feel like my heart is just going to stop.  (Read 331 times)

Offline Auvrea

• Rec's: 0
  • You are not defined by your anxiety.
    • Poke This Member
I feel like my heart is just going to stop.
« on: December 25, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »
A few days ago, i went to the doctor because my throat was sore.. She took my BP and it was 165/102, which is a record for me. My BP has ALWAYS been just barely over normal.. So she thought nothing of it. I'm afraid to take my BP again, I don't want it to end up being really bad.. But at the same time I know it's probably fine now, well no, i take that back.. My father is having surgery tomorrow in his throat.. I'm worried about it, so yeah, my BP might not be great T.T

Anywayssss, I'm 20, 135pds 6'0. Fairly healthy, only had one surgery in my lifetime, and only been hospitalized once during my childhood due to pneumonia..  So yeah, I'm really really worried about my heart.. It's at a relaxing pace, not really fast or anything, but it's like, scary.. I have chest pressure sometimes. And I keep getting randomly faint for like .5/second.. Then it's gone. I don't know what to think :C
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Re: I feel like my heart is just going to stop.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 06:54:06 PM »
I get the heart is 'just going to stop' feeling daily, it scares the crap out of me too. You're young and sound like you're having some sickness/fever, in which that case your heart rate and BP will be elevated. When I was hospitalized for a severe chest infection, my HR was 116 *resting*, which it almost never is 116 resting otherwise. If you keep feeling randomly faint, it could be vertigo or an inner ear infection. I'd talk to your doctor about it. I get worried about my heart all the time as well.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Sean C

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »
   I've had the same heart problems for a long time now!  Believe me you don't want to start taking your BP all the time because it'll become an unhealthy obsession!  I used to do that and before I knew it I was constantly taking it and it was actually making my BP worse because I was so focused on it! Anxiety can affect your heart in many ways and it's a very common symptom!  Just do your best to try and not focus on your heart!  I know that's easier said than done but hopefully in time you'll get over it!  All the best!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Auvrea

• You are not defined by your anxiety.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm just overly worried about everything.. It's been a long day. My dad's throat surgery/upper GI is tomorrow morning, and it's bugging me liike crazy. I wish there was magical thing that could just calm me down..  :goofy:
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 08:35:34 AM »
The odds of your heart stopping are minimal, unless you had severe underlying
heart disease.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 09:27:16 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm just overly worried about everything.. It's been a long day. My dad's throat surgery/upper GI is tomorrow morning, and it's bugging me liike crazy. I wish there was magical thing that could just calm me down..  :goofy:
I understand you completely, I had similar fears when my mom went in for surgery last week.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Medic Manders

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 03:54:50 PM »
I just get a random "oh my God my heart is going to stop any minute" feeling sometimes 2 - 3 times a day... I don't know why.... I'm trying to learn to live with it, and in therapy now for anxiety, but it's a horrible feeling, that few understand. I know that there is nothing wrong with my heart, but I can't convince myself that that is the case when I get this feeling... I am able to talk myself out of it with some deep breathing, most of the time, but it happens every day... usually after I eat... You're not alone.... ANXIETY IS AN UGLY MONSTER UNDER OUR BEDS.... we know it's not there, but the fear won't go away....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 05:14:18 PM »
If it's after a meal, it has something to do with the stomach. Ever heard of heart-burn? It has nothing to do with your heart, let me tell you. It's called that because "the opening" to your stomach is near the heart. Hence the name.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Tags: