Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: scary symptoms while excited???  (Read 152 times)

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
scary symptoms while excited???
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »
This is freaking me out. I was browsing the internet and like the nerd I am I got really excited at one point, like jumping up and down and screaming excited, which sent my pulse racing (which is understandable). But one other thing that happened was in the midst of my happiness and extreme fangirly joy, my chest started to sort of ache very faintly, so I stopped being excited and went "OH NO what is that?" It sort of came in little throbs, like a sharp, dull little pain right around my heart. Havent felt that before when excited.. So I calmed down a bit and it went away. Then I proceeded to get excited again and I noticed my left arm from about my shoulder to almost mid arm, so basically just the top part, had the same exact ache throb thing. so I got worried and calmed down. as I calmed down it went away. both times it only lasted a few seconds. Is this bad? I wasn't pannicing, I was extremely excited and happy. But now I'm scared that I got so excited I gave myself heart damage or something. When the little aches started I thought "did I get so excited I'm having a heart attack??" and that really freaks me out. Now I feel like I am on the verge of having a heart attack and dying, any second now. I was having such a good time geeking out and I was actually really happy for once and now i'm scared to do anything even slightly exciting. I am only 16... Is this normal and non worrisome? I want to have fun, but not if it's going to kill me... I feel like such a worrier right now and I don't know what to do :/
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Offline Pippy187

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: scary symptoms while excited???
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 02:21:26 AM »
With your age, I would venture out on a limb and say your risk factors are extremely low. Do you have any underlying medical history?  It sounds like you're experiencing something many of us anxiety sufferers go through. I am very sensitive in my chest area and remain hypervigilant to any twinge or pain / breathlessness etc etc. This usually spins up my panic too. I'm 31 with no real risk factors and I freak myself out all the time with this. I have been to a cardiologist several times and all has been well.  You're safe.  If it continues get it checked out for a piece of mind.
Bookmark and Share
He who fears death cannot enjoy life

My anxiety blog: http://pippy187.wordpress.com/

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »
At 16 your chances of having any heart issues are remote. It may just be
muscular related. If it becomes bothersome, I would talk to your parents
about it.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 01:08:58 AM »
Thank you guys! I always think, what if I'm just one of those 1%.. anyway, I am much calmer about it now, you are right, it was probably just muscular. No, I don't have any underlying medical history, at least not thay I know of. I had an EKG and blood test when I freaked out 5 months ago and all was okay. I never feel really sure though since my doctor kind of haulted my tests. I complained of a fast heart rate out of nowhere, and she said she wanted a holter and event monitor just to be sure I didnt have a tachycardia. Well, I was supposed to have that months ago, but they kept cancelling and forgetting about us. So now it's still not done and I feel incompletely checked. My mom said we would try to reschedule it next year if I still wanted to. The delay in testing has also made me unsure whether this is all really anxiety, since I havent been diagnosed with anxiety yet. Actually at this moment, I'm worried over blood clots again. Sigh. I got out of breath putting my shoes on this morning, then when we were leaving my relatives house I suddenly felt unwell while standing up for a while. I felt kind of like you do when you get too hot. Only it wasnt really hot. I went to say goodbye to a relative and I felt like I was about to pass out as I walked over to them. I felt so close to passing out I thought, oh no I'm going down.. but I closed my eyes and.opened them real quick, and kind of thought, oh no what was that? Then I rushed out to the cool outdoors and got in the car. I had some breathlessness on the ride home, but it may have been because I was thinking back to the other day when I had breathlessness. Now I am worried I have a blood clot because of that. If I had one wouldnt it be obvious, like a swollen spot on my thigh or something? I dont have that, just the symptoms I described earlier. Sorry  that was such a long reply, I just felt like I needed to get that out. again, thank you for calming me. Sometimes I just need to be reminded how small the odds are.
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Tags: