Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: not enough air  (Read 101 times)

Offline Rose~

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • ~Fear is the only thing that can hold you back~
    • Poke This Member
not enough air
« on: December 24, 2013, 11:59:04 AM »
I was doing so great with some of this for a while. I havent genuinely felt like I couldnt breathe since about october, at least thats the last time I remember feeling it. I was at a restaraunt and I started feeling like I just wasnt getting enough air. It disappeared later, once I was out of the restaraunt, but I had bad anxiety that night trying to fall asleep. Around september/october, I started getting shortness of breath. It would come and go and it usually felt like my chest was somewhat sore muscularly and I couldnt get enough air. This was around the start of my anxiety problems. Then, after that day,it kind of just stopped happening except for here and there mildly when I was anxious. Now, since  yesterday afternoon I have felt like I cant breathe enough air I've noticed that sometimes with this, it feels like my throat is sore, like the muscles or something. I was having a good time yesterday, just sitting on my computer, when all of a sudden I felt like I couldnt get enough air. Oh no, I thought. The feeling stayed with me all night and it is still here as I just woke up this morning. I get winded talking to my mom in the shortest of sentences, making me not want to talk. It feels awful. Distraction helps a bit since I dont focus on it, but its still there. Does this sound like typical anxiety to you? My OCD was crazy last night and I felt so anxious, but that was after my breathing troubles happened. Also kept getting little palpitations yesterday too. When I woke up this morning, I yawned really big and felt something in my chest for just a second. It felt like a palpitation, but could it have been my chest muscles? That was the theory I came up with. I dont know, I just want to have a nice christmas eve and stop worrying. Is it normal to be breathless for this long? How can I stop it? I am only 16, I shouldnt be having problems breathing..
Bookmark and Share
"I'm happy about who and what I am, and I can't wait to find out who I'll be tomorrow."- Joyce DeWitt <3

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: not enough air
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
My doctor told me that when you are anxious or stressed, your breathing can appear more erratic or
labored, even though it is not.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags:

anything