Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Early heart attack symptoms?  (Read 198 times)

Offline DahliaDollface

• Paranoid Parrot in female form.
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Early heart attack symptoms?
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:35:59 AM »
I've had shoulder pain, a little bit of chest and jaw pain and now I'm shaky and feel like I'm going to vomit (not actually nauseated but my mouth is watering like right before you do vomit). The pain has been off and on for about two weeks and the more I read the more I keep seeing that people can have heart attack symptoms for months or even weeks before the actual event. Particularly in young women. I swear this is happening to me. I've been under tons of stress lately and haven't been eating or sleeping and I'm sure all that has finally culminated into a heart attack. The worst part is I'm so utterly terrified of the hospital that I can't go! I'm trapped no matter what I do.

I have crappy insurance on top of my hospital fears and I doubt they would take the time to run any tests as they just try to get Medicaid patients out the door as soon as they can without really doing anything and I don't feel like dealing with  that at 2:30 in the morning the day before Christmas.   

Does this sound like I should be worried? Do you think a stress related heart attack is likely at 26? I don't have a family history of heart disease, I don't smoke, my blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol are all good and I'm only 15-20lbs overweight so no serious risk factors but still, stranger things have happened. 
Bookmark and Share
"Now head towards the light, the dark has no place here."

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 151
    • Poke This Member
Re: Early heart attack symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:46:19 AM »
Could just be the time of year. Can be a hectic time of year that can make stress boil up. I am sure something worse would have happened by now if it was your heart. I know people who have had heart attacks and zero warning at all. Straight out case of ' bump ' they were gone. Reading things up on the net can only add to your problems if you have health anxiety. The problem will continue the more you read about it. Bit like feeding the fear. You keep it going the more you read about it because your mind is focused on it all the time. Even try some form of distraction. Try do something else for a while. See how you feel. Because from what I am gathering the hospital is out of the question. Reading your words that is. Because the hospital is the only way to be 100% certain. But as your bloods seem all perfect it sounds just like stress.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Early heart attack symptoms?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:07:26 AM »
Heart attacks in women aged 26 would be extremely rare.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: