Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Health and symptom question  (Read 201 times)

Online Lam123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Health and symptom question
« on: December 23, 2013, 08:28:09 PM »
Hi everyone!
My anxiety always seems to be heart related, I have had numerous ECG test and numerous stress tests, and an ultrasound of the heart, everything was normal. The last month I have had lightheaded feeling and was wondering if this could be anxiety related? My dr thinks it's possible but wants me to wear a holter monitor for two days just to be on the safe side. So now I am freaking out. The dr mentioned he wants to rule out heart arruthymia, but thinks there is a good chance it's anxiety. This is the only heart test I haven't done. Now the anxiety is really high. Anyone experience this at all?
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Health and symptom question
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
Hi Lam...  As I have mentioned to you, felling lightheaded is probably my #1 anxiety symptom.  Feeling lightheaded or faint is a very common anxiety symptom.  When I had my initial problem with anxiety/panic attacks some four years ago, I was very lightheaded, and the first thing my doctor wanted to do was to check my heart.  I had a full cardiac workup that even included a cardiac catheterizaton.  I was having episodes of rapid heart rate as well as dysrhythmia.  I also wore a holter monitor for several days, and they came to the conclusion that my problem was anxiety induced.  Wearing a holter monitor would make the average person anxious, let alone someone such as myself who has an anxiety condition (GAD).  It sounds like your doctor is doing a very thorough job or ruling-out any physical problems.  Do your best to relax, knowing that all your tests have come back normal.  The best to you, Lam!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Online Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 10:54:05 PM »
Chuck, what do you do for your anxiety? So all your tests were normal?
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Global Moderator
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:22 PM »
Hi Lam...  Yes, I had more tests when I can remember, to check for anything physically wrong, and they found nothing.  Again, this was about four years ago.  I started seeing a psychiatrist, and was placed on the anti-depressant, Remeron, 30 mg.  This did the trick, and I returned to 100% of the person I was.  This summer, I started having breakthrough panic attacks, and then about 2-3 months ago, the 24/7 anxiety came back.  What happened was the Remeron stopped working for me.  It is my understanding that Remeron has a very bad reputation for doing this.  It will just "poop-out" on you.  Well, my psychiatrist tried increasing the Remeron to 45 mg, but that didn't help at all.  I was started on 20 mg of Celexa, a little over four weeks ago.  I exercise everyday, meditate daily, drink plenty of water, and eat healthier with frequent, small meals.  I am scheduled to start CBT (therapy) in about 4-5 weeks.  I hope this helps, Lam.  If you have anymore questions, let me know.  I will be glad to help.  The best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Online Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 10:59:30 AM »
Chuck, when you get lightheaded does it last long? Does it feel worse after exercise? I have had this on and off for a month, yes it has been a stressful month, but now I'm so worried about the results of the holter monitor. This has totally ruined my Christmas holidays.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Global Moderator
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 02:36:57 PM »
Hi Lam...  There are times when I get lightheaded, that it lasts a while, and other times it has been short lived.  It can also be mild or severe enough that I can feel faint (but I have never fainted).  Now-a-days when it occurs, I just say, "Oh, there you are again...", and just go about my business and pay no attention to it (accept it).  I have noticed it after exercise, but not so much in the last month.  Remember Lam, you have already had a lot of tests done, and they have all come back just fine.  There is a good chance that the holter monitor test will too.  And even if it shows an irregularity, there is a real good chance that it is anxiety induced.  My cardiologist started me on a beta-blocker after my tests.  I take Lopressor, 50 mg, twice a day.  It is suppose to help a little with anxiety, keep my blood pressure down, and help lower and maintain a steady heart rate. Try not to let this ruin your Christmas and New Year.  You are not your anxiety or worries.  The best to you, Lam!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Online Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 08:43:19 PM »
Thank you so much Chuck, this is all new to me and it's wonderful to have other people to get advice from that knows what we are experiencing.
Happy holidays to you, all the best for 2014!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: