Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Question for the ladies (may be TMI)  (Read 226 times)

Offline Tiredofbeingsickandtired

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question for the ladies (may be TMI)
« on: December 23, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »
So lately my anxiety has been through the roof, like 24/7 anxiety and depersonalization.  For the past couple months I've been getting my period every other week, and now I'm getting bloody discharge in between periods.  Have any of you ladies ever experienced this?? I'm not sure whether to attribute it to anxiety, or something else?  Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Bookmark and Share

Offline pearlsdream

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • take root in the sun's pond, and rise at the fire
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question for the ladies (may be TMI)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:32:44 PM »
Yeah with my anxiety ill usually get two periods a month and the second one will be two weeks after the first and it will usually be brown bloody discharge. Im not sure why this happens but it doesnt mean anything bad, i think someone told me its just old blood that you didnt get rid of in your original period. But if youre worried hit up the doctor
Bookmark and Share
Weeping willow, wont you wallow louder?

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question for the ladies (may be TMI)
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »
Hi Tiredofbeingsickandtired...  This is actually both a female and male topic.  Our stress hormones, cortisol and epinephrine, act by mobilizing energy from storage to muscles, increasing heart rate, blood pressure and breathing rate and shutting down metabolic processes such as digestion, reproduction, growth, and immunity.  Constant stress causes continual release of various stress hormones which can cause a depletion of energy storage, stress induced hypertension (high blood pressure),  effects on metabolic processes, ulcers, hampered growth, decrease in testosterone levels in men and irregular menstrual cycles in women, and increase likelihood of infectious diseases.  I found all this very interesting, and not surprising.  The best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: