Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Headaches thats lasted for days  (Read 246 times)

Offline LostKeys

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Headaches thats lasted for days
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:18:23 AM »
hello this is my first post since i have joined and ive been freaking out for a few days now it started about 6 days ago i had a viral gastro flu and passed out and fell (didnt hit my head) and went to the hospital and they said i was dehydrated thats why i passed out i did have a slight headache during the 2 days after and for the past 3 days i have had a pretty bad headache i wouldnt say the worst ever in the world but it will not go away its on the right side of my head and it starts about at the temple and goes around most of my ear now the thing that is bothering me more is it goes away when im sitting down but when i stand up or walk it gets worse then goes away after 30 seconds to a minute after standing or walking... now yesterday it was gone when i woke up in the morning and thought it was done until tonight i had taken ib profen for my chest hurting and avout 2-3 hours later it came back..im freaking out and thinking its something worse like i always do..i have taken tylenol and ib prof and neither of them had take the headache away and sleep seems to help a little bit
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Headaches thats lasted for days
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:19:19 AM »
I was just googling and brain aneurysm came up..should i go to er?
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:33:21 AM »
I am currently on day 6 of a chronic headache too, right side, back of head, nonstop throbbing and my eye is bloodshot on that side, too. I had a cavity filled tuesday and i woke up wednesday with it... UGGGGGG! im gonna call the doc today.... but once, i was dehydrated from a flu type illness and my ear hurt so bad it felt like my ear drum was gonna pop, i go to the doc, my ear was fine. THe pain lasted about a week. All i can think of was i was dehydrated and weak, i was prob clenching my jaw, and getting referred pain from that. Heat and anti-inflammatories helped. Try to take notice if you are clenching your jaw, and drink drinks with electrolytes in them, like a gatorade. ANd get some post-recovery rest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 05:36:23 AM »
oh, BTW, if you were barfing you probably have some stomach/esophageal inflammation. Take over the counter gaviscon for a few days, that will stop the chest pain. Also, you might want to put heat on the chest... if you were barfing you probably hurt the chest muscles or cartilage between the ribs and that will heal with time...
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 03:13:20 PM »
So judging on the headaches starting on when i stand up i really shouldnt worry about them? and i forgot to say that there was eye pain or pain behind the eyes the first day (it felt like a wicked sinus infection pressure on both temples and behind both eyes) but now it has been on the right side only.
i just woke up and it feels like its gone but thats what happened yesterday aswell before it started again? any more suggestions?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 06:57:15 PM »
talked to my doctor and he said he didnt know and will see me thursday or to go to hospital if it gets worse...the hospital is not going to be happy with me :X see me almost every couple weeks
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 05:52:29 AM »
you have the exact same symptoms as what i am experiencing. Today is day 7 and i think for me it feels it is finally letting up some. I think for me it is irritation to the occipital nerve from the dental work i had done, so as swelling decreases, pain will go away... my pain is not as bad today as it's been the past 6 days. It was really painful, too, i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy... and it was constant... nothing would releive it. I went to a nurse practictioner yesterday and she told me to take excedrin migraine (because that has caffeine in it which helps) and she prescribed tramadol as needed but im not gonna take the tramadol.. that messes with the brain and i don't like taking medicines. SO i have been using heat as much as possible on my jaw and neck and back of head and that is really helping. I have an MRI scheduled in a couple days... that was because i went to a neurologist a month ago but this headache is new for me so either way i guess if i have nerve or blood vessel inflammation it will show up, though i think this all stemmed from dental work i had done and i think it's just irritation to the nerve. I am same way... i feel better laying flat or standing... when i sit it hurts worse. You probably just have some inflammation to a nerve like me... but still you should get examined by a doc and probably get MRI of the brain just to rule stuff out. You know why i didn't go to the ER, was because i gave myself some tests and I  am fine, that's how i know it's nothing serious. SUch as.... close your eyes and touch your nose with your index finger; shine a light back and forth and notice the pupils, they should react the same on both sides, walk about 10 feet on your tippy toes in a straight line, then do the same on your heels. If you can do all that stuff then it's nothing serious.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 06:55:50 AM »
Thank you for the reply, i ended up goign to the er and they said it was probly from my flu and gave me percocet which i wont take l0l but the headaches ended up stopping by christmas eve morning so i had a great 2 days and no more headaches and hopefully no more!! happy to hear yours are going away aswell hope they are done soon =-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »
you are so lucky that your headache is gone because i still have mine... i think today is like the 11th or 12th day of all day pain. Really annoying. It's not as bad as it was that first week i had it, but it's pretty bad. I had an MRI done... the only thing it showed was a DVA (abnormality of the veins) of the left temporal lobe so I don't think that has anything to do with the pain... or maybe it does, but I don't know. I guess it's possible cause if it is pushing on a nerve it would make sense i feel it on the right side directly across from it (becuase the right lobe controls the left and the left lobe controls the right)... so i think for me it's just going to take lots of rest with heat and anti-inflammatories... maybe i can get a good neck massage from my hubby hahaha
Bookmark and Share

Tags: headaches