Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Counting PVCs....ARGH.  (Read 169 times)

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Counting PVCs....ARGH.
« on: December 22, 2013, 11:43:11 AM »
I was doing so well for many years with my health anxiety. And now it has creeped up with a vengeance. My hypochondria and panic disorder have hit me full force and I am in the middle of trying to deal with it yet again.

I went to the ER two months ago because of a day-long panic attack. My heart was pounding. After that I had a full cardiac workup. 3 EKGs, echo stress test, 24 hour holter monitor, and an echocardiogram. The cardiologist has told me I have PVCs, but not enough to warrant going on a beta blocker or anything. He said my heart is fine!

So here is the deal, ever since he told me that I have been having MORE PVCs. I check my pulse constantly and feel about 10 per minute!!  :dazed:  I don't know how to deal with this. It is giving me panic attacks which of course make me feel like I am having a heart attack.

I started Sertraline 25mg four days ago and I seem to be worse now. I know it takes weeks for it to start working but in the mean time I am falling apart. Any words of wisdom or encouragement are welcome. Thank you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline tahowell2

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Counting PVCs....ARGH.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 12:53:04 PM »
Look at your diet. Have you changed anything about it recently? Are you eating/drinking things that might aggravate it? Anxiety makes palpitations worse in my experience as. I experience a bunch everyday and am even getting runs of them right now. My anxiety is a little high currently, but I say all this to let you know that you are not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline vyst

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 01:28:35 PM »
Man i hate PVCs so much. As a cardiophobe there is nothing more triggering to me that something might be wrong than a PVC. The good news is that unless you are having a lot of them in a minute when I don't think 10 qualifies. The crux of the problem is that the less you focus on it the less you notice the PVCs. Just know that if your doctor said your heart is fine after all of those tests then you are good to go.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 04:50:44 PM »
I have read that Magnesium Omega 3's and Taurine may help with PVC's.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline vyst

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 09:28:37 PM »
Also I've read that SSRI's can increase your PVCs or at least your sensitivity to them. I did some research when I started taking lexapro and experienced more intense PVCs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bababel

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 10:55:12 PM »
Taho, my diet hasn't changed. I'm almost certain they are anxiety-related. I am a pill-aphobe and have been afraid of what the SSRI will do to me. That alone has caused me so much anxiety. :(

vyst, I try really hard to remind myself that all of the tests have come back fine. I think, like you mentioned, beginning the SSRI has aggravated them.

Marc, thank you for the advice. I definitely want to look in to those.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: