Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: flu contagiousness  (Read 109 times)

Offline reece

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
flu contagiousness
« on: December 22, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »
so, hope everyone is trying to relax some this holiday season. i know i am.
right now, i have a little issue that i could use some reasoning on...
my brother has 2 kids. right now, my brother and one nephew have the flu. we are going to see them next weekend. this will be only 8 days since they were diagnosed with the flu. my nephew is on tamiflu.
i am so concerned about being around them, even if they are feeling better, because i think they will still be contagious. mostly i'm scared about my son being around them. they are all about 11 years old.
also, even if my one nephew is feeling better, what if my other nephew is ABOUT to come down with the flu. ya know? he may be contagious and not even feel bad yet.
this is really putting a damper on me looking forward to my visit with them this coming weekend....
any help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: flu contagiousness
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:12:20 AM »
Postpone your visit if you're worried. On the other hand, maybe you have a strong immune system so you won't catch it.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline reece

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »
i would postpone but it is the WHOLE family(22)people, so I can't. actually we already postponed it a week, since they were diagnosed the day before we were supposed to get together.

i don't want to google, but am assuming that they will still be contagious. just kinda hoping, not...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
it is the WHOLE family(22)people

Great, more people to get infected.  :laugh3: Jokes aside, it's only the flu. And how do you know it's not the common cold?
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline reece

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 12:20:33 PM »
the flu has already killed a couple of people in my state! we had flu shots, so we are as protected as you can get, but....

it is definitely the flu. he saw the doctor and tested positive for the flu. the thing is, he had also had the flu shot, so that means this strain he has is not covered by the shot.

i'm not worried about me, so much, because i know that i will take precautions...i'm more worried about my son getting it...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: