Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Swollen Lymph Nodes after having a bad cold? Trying not to panic!  (Read 213 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Cowardly neurotic anxious stressed out depressed human being.
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Hi! I think i had sore but not really swollen lymph node at the back of my neck on the right side near on the end of my scalp, Well i just had a bad cold together with a cough last week but i feel well now from the colds. Yesterday i felt my right side of the back of my neck had a sore spot especially when i turn my neck around to left and felt a slightly swollen sore lymph node! I panicked a little of course since i have a Health Anxiety about LYMPHOMA! OH GOD! It's good that's it sore right??

As far as i remember i used to had a swollen lymph node on the front of my neck when i was a kid. (I was sickly when i was a kid because i had Asthma together with some colds)
Does anyone of you had a sore swollen lymph node after or during a cold? I am a bit worried and it's Christmas! I need to calm myself down! Help please i need reassurance!  :traurig001:

Health Anxiety level is increasing!!   :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries" - Timon & Pumba (Disney's Lion King)
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swollen Lymph Nodes after having a bad cold? Trying not to panic!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »
Please help! It's kinda sore and tender to touch! It's slightly swollen though. Really worried
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
Please help! It's kinda sore and tender to touch! It's slightly swollen though. Really worried
Bookmark and Share

Offline Overthinking extrovert

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »
Lyphoma doesn't hurt, relax. And something I was told about swollen lymph nodes by a doctor - it's a cause for worry only if you didn't have other symptoms (like a flu, a cold, sore throat...). You did have those so there's no cause for worry. Sometimes it takes as long as 2-3 weeks for them to return to normal size.
Bookmark and Share
It is by my will alone I set my mind in motion

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »
And sometimes lymph nodes remain permanently swollen. I have one at the base of my neck. Does it freak me out sometimes, yes. My husband also has one. As does my son. I highly doubt we all have lymphoma.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 01:43:33 AM »
Thanks for all your responses you guys. It's kinda sore and tender to touch but slightly swollen. It kinda hurts when i turn my neck to the left side. I think the cause of this was i just had a bad cold few days ago that resulted that my lymph node are just doing its job that they are fighting the bacteria or the infection so that's the culprit why it was swelling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »
yeah, its pretty normal. heck, even large swollen nodes arent a sign of lymphoma. When I had a full-body staph infection, you could literally see the ones on my neck and under my arms. Among other places normally concealed by clothes. they stayed that way for like, at least a month!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:10:40 AM »
Thanks for that comment, really appreciate it!
I just text my friend last night who is taking a nursing course and i asked her that "have you ever experience having a swollen lymph node after you had a bad cold", then she replied, "Yes. is that the one that is a round bump and it hurts when you poke or rub it? I had it once when i had a bad cold. You know our lymph nodes are the one who protects our immune system and sometimes they swell and they filter out the bad bacteria or infection. Nothing to worry about, they're just doing their job."

I hope she's right. eughh
Bookmark and Share

Tags: