Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Going to see my grandma tomorrow-- need advice  (Read 161 times)

Offline deeferlynn

• Rec's: 2
  • Que sera, sera
    • Poke This Member
Going to see my grandma tomorrow-- need advice
« on: December 21, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »
Hey all,

The past week has been stressful, even more than normal because my grandma's health is rapidly declining. She's almost 90. This week, she was brought to the hospital and now she's in a nursing home. I know that she's dying, and I really want to see her one last time. I'm just so scared. I don't know how to put this down without it sounding like I'm rambling. I've experienced the deaths of grandparents before-- between 1998 and 2006, I lost my 2 Sets of great grandparents and my 2 grandpas. I'm afraid that she might die before I get there or while I'm there. I'm afraid that her death, because she helped raise me and my siblings while my parents worked, how it'll affect my anxiety. I don't know what to do when I get there.  I'm going with my sister and brother tomorrow, but the whole situation is making me really anxious. Any advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share
"Just a heads up: 90% of the things you worry about will never happen. 90% of the things that happen will never occurred to you."

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Going to see my grandma tomorrow-- need advice
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 07:31:29 AM »
Although I have no similar experience, I feel your concerns, fears and sorrow. I don't think there are any universal recepies. All I know is that by going you are doing the right thing. For you and your grandma. Hugs.
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 73
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 08:15:03 AM »
Your sorrow is real and universal. Not sure what I can come up with because we are generally so unprepared for the reality of life and how it ends for everyone.

She would want you to remember the love between you, the good times together. She can live on in you. She has lived a long life. What more can we expect? Show her your love and gratitude and acceptance. That will help her and you, or so we hope.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 08:27:35 AM »
It is very difficult as my mother, father and uncle all passed away within roughly a year. I visited all of them
and although it was very difficult, I was glad I did after they passed away.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline LostKeys

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 07:02:17 PM »
I can understand what you are going through i have not had to deal with this type of thing in my adult life but with my anxiety for some things it helps me to be emotional and what i mean by this is to cry..i think maybe if you feel like you have to cry i would do it and get it all out at one time but not in front of her but if you feel like you have to cry maybe use the restroom and cry and get the emotions out so you wont be feeling so bad while you are visiting with her. i hope everything goes okay for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: