Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.  (Read 6995 times)

Offline azmattaz06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My issue, brain fog.. Can't figure this out.
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 04:49:57 AM »
Ok I'm gonna start taking 50mg when I wake up and 50mg when I go to bed, I hope and pray this is my issue.. Anxiety/stress/meds. I just need to know it's not forever and it'll eventually fade.. Scary stuff.. Should I tell my doc anything?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 06:35:04 AM »
Should I tell my doc anything?

You should let your doctor know how you're taking it as it may influence decisions on other meds you may need to take in the future.

A couple of other things to be aware of are that Luvox greatly increases the effects of caffeine, one cup of coffee or can of cola could give you the buzz of 3 or 4 and it will last a lot longer too (caffeine is best avoided anyway as it increases anxiety). OTOH, smoking will accelerate the rate at which Luvox is metabolized by up to 50% so you get less response from the med (nicotine and anxiety are also not a good mix). And it has a greater potential for interaction with other medications (including the non prescription ones) and herbal supplements than other SSRIs so don't take anything without getting the okay from your doctor or pharmacist first, though the usual non prescription painkillers are okay, however, as with all antidepressants that act on serotonin it can reduce blood clotting slightly, so it is best to avoid the blood thinning painkillers such as aspirin and take acetaminophen, aka paracetamol, whenever possible.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 02:29:28 AM »
i do drink a bit of soda daily but i never really noticed any extra anxiety with it, i can try less though. I don't smoke so that's good and i have taken a bit of acetaminophen lately because of the headaches i get with Luvox, I'm starting to take one Luvox 50MG before bed and one when i wake up hopefully that helps, im starting to think this feeling has a lot to do with anxiety also but i have that feeling that luvox isn't going to work just because lexapro didn't but i hope i'm wrong. Thanks for all the info it's really put my mind at ease a little bit, when i start feeling really bad i can read this over and get a boost of confidence that it's not forever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 06:10:47 AM »
i have that feeling that luvox isn't going to work just because lexapro didn't but i hope i'm wrong

They are radically different SSRIs, in fact they'd be the two most different SSRIs so the Lexapro failure is likely to be the least reliable guide to the Luvox outcome.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 09:48:34 PM »
Alright that's good to know, since it's been about 20 days on 50mg and like three on 100MG I'm thinking a few weeks before I possibly start to feel the Luvox.. I'm curious if I should take the Ativan again as needed, I've had a few bad times I wish I could have taken some.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 10:17:33 PM »
I'm curious if I should take the Ativan again as needed, I've had a few bad times I wish I could have taken some.

The less anxiety you have the better.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »
Yeah, I took one today I think it helped a tad.. Hopefully soon the meds start evening out in my system and I start feeling better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline azmattaz06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 06:15:03 PM »
Woke up this morning feeling terrible, racing thoughts and my anxiety just hit me, felt clammy and freaked out.. I took another Ativan yesterday with the Christmas stress after a week of being off them, not sure if that's to blame or my recent move to 100MG of Luvox.. I think I'll try to stay off Ativan as it wasn't absolutely needed when I took it and see if that helps
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 06:38:51 PM »
Woke up this morning feeling terrible, racing thoughts and my anxiety just hit me, felt clammy and freaked out.. I took another Ativan yesterday with the Christmas stress after a week of being off them, not sure if that's to blame or my recent move to 100MG of Luvox.

It was most likely the Luvox. Side-effects, including anxiety, may return or increase whenever antidepressant doses are raised and it can take a week or more for it to happen. They usually settle down after a week or two.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 11:34:52 AM »
Don't worry about Luvox not working just because the lexapro did not.  The differences can vary considerably. Zoloft caused worsened anxiety and skin tingling for me, and the former never let up. Lexapro has unfortunately slowed my GI tract, on the other hand did NOT increase my anxiety at any point, and within two weeks on the therapeutic dose virtually eliminated my anxiety induced depression. So try not to doubt the Luvox this early in the game.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything