Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introducing myself..  (Read 102 times)

Offline HopelessWanderer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introducing myself..
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:10:05 PM »
Hi, I'm Beth, I'm 15 and am undiagnosed with generalised anxiety and possibly OCD. Since I was very young, due to a difficult childhood I am a shy and nervous person overall. Though I'm much more outgoing than when I was younger, I have continued to have bursts of extreme anxiety throughout my life. The main problem I have at the moment is mental OCD. You'll most likely think I'm being really stupid but over the past 6 months I've had intrusive thoughts. Whenever I watch or read or generally enjoy something, I assume that I'm too obsessed and drive myself into real fear. It seems like a stupid problem but I've felt super suicidal about it recently. You know, 'why can't I just die so I don't have to deal with this?'

The thing is, the symptoms point towards OCD but I continually worry that There is something really wrong with m because I haven't heard of anyone having this kind of intrusive thoughts. I'm currently waiting for therapy and though stubborn, have realised that I desperately need help as it is preventing myself from enjoying alot of things. Any relating experiences would be amazing! Or even just a reply would be great, thank you so much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Courtney18

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing myself..
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 06:56:36 PM »
Hi Beth,

Welcome to Anxiety Zone. I wanted to leave you a quick message as I happened to come across your post awaiting approval.  I  wanted to let you know, you are not alone, lots of people have occurrences with intrusive thoughts. I think you are taking all the right steps by acknowledging them for what they are (just thoughts) and already being in the process of seeking help through therapy.

Look around the Forums and I think you will be able to find other posts that are dealing with the same (or very similar) topic.

Bookmark and Share

Offline HopelessWanderer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing myself..
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 04:14:42 PM »
Thank you for your reply!
Bookmark and Share