Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling like I can't move  (Read 130 times)

Offline Reed1993

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling like I can't move
« on: December 19, 2013, 06:30:47 PM »
Hello all! New poster here.

I've been going through a bit of a strange time in regards to my health. I know I have some anxiety, and experience a couple panic attacks daily... but lately I feel really strange symptoms... and I'm curious if any of you guys can relate to this with your anxiety.

A lot of the time, even when not experiencing a panic attack, my body can feel "stuck" not like stiff, or weak, but it feels like no matter how much I want to tell my brain to move a part of my body, it doesn't feel like it will (even know I have yet to actually not be able to move) It just seriously feels like at some point I won't be able to move. This causes me to feel quite tense a lot, and even fuels more and more panic attacks. Sometimes even one of my eyelids feels heavy and like I wont be able to control it... weird, I know.

I have fears that its something terrible like MS, ALS, or other motor neuron diseases... and it's really taking a lot out of me lately, it's pretty terrifying.

I went to my doctor about it today, and he ordered some blood work and he said he will refer me to a neurologist when the blood work comes back. Although it can take quite some time to see a neurologist in Canada, especially with the holidays going on... that will just delay it more.

It's really taking a toll on me, so if you guys can offer any insight at all... it would be very very much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS - I'm a 20 year old male.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reed1993

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling like I can't move
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:26:03 PM »
Bump.

I hope someone can give me some insight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling like I can't move
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:13:13 PM »
I'm getting weird symptoms like this that are scaring the you know what out of me, when I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep my limbs not only feel like they belong to someone else, but it's like there like dead paralyzed limbs it's very bizarre and I have to move them to make sure they will. It keeps me up at night.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: