Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Successful Therapy Sessions  (Read 120 times)

Offline Medic Manders

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Successful Therapy Sessions
« on: December 19, 2013, 03:51:12 PM »
Hello- as some of you know from previous posts, I have severe health anxiety with panic attacks and sleep deprivation... I want you all to know that I started therapy with a psychologist (no meds, just therapy) in November. I had my second appointment yesterday and it was truly successful. I am learning ways to cope and deal with the stress and anxiety... I really liked the way that she explained it to me, and I hope that I can explain it to you the same way, because it helped me better understand not only what was holding me back, but how to move forward..... Your anxiety and your body play tug of war, all the time, the more your mind pulls away from the anxiety, the harder the anxiety pulls, and it doesn't ever get better, in fact it gets worse... and when you let it in, and get past your edge, that's where the panic comes in to play... SOOO... when you feel yourself fighting, and pulling harder to try and beat the anxiety... whats the other way to win in tug of war?? Just LET IT GO... I know that's a hard concept, but we just have to let go! Let go of the rope... find yourself a way to get rid of that negative thought... I Just wanted to share with you that interesting perspective... I am learning to "let go" I hope you can too... for all of you, I hope you have a blessed holiday season, whatever it is that you celebrate, I hope you celebrate it with friends, family and anxiety free!!!!  Have a great day!!

Amanda
Bookmark and Share

Tags: