Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: can anyone please help me think rationally  (Read 182 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
can anyone please help me think rationally
« on: December 19, 2013, 12:50:43 PM »
I'm noticing my anxiety increase tremendously because I can not stop thinking about this upper right quadrant discomfort I'm having. 
I had my gallbladder out last year, so I know it's not that.  I just had a CBC and everything was good, in fact my liver readings were on the low side.  But I can't stop obsessing with the thought that I have something wrong with my liver.  Or maybe even my pancreas.  It's never a pain, instead an ache or discomfort. 
I'm without insurance until March, so I don't want to go to the doctor unless absolutely necessary.  But then I start to think, if it IS cancer then me waiting until march is an awful idea. 

I just want to stop obsessing :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Natsab87

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anyone please help me think rationally
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 02:50:56 PM »
I feel your pain because I'm obsessing right now about at headache and it's exhausting! Our mind really does play tricks on us and anxiety has a clever way of mimicking aches and pains etc! Take the good blood results as reassurance and try and relax!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 04:08:02 PM »
Daviezmom,  have you ever read about adhesions?  Well, 93% of people who have any abdominal surgery get adhesions which can cause a dull ache, a pulling sensation, etc.  Scar tissue begins to form 3 to 5 hours after surgery ends!!!

What I just read is that the organs in our body are slippery but if a piece of gauze, a surgical instrument, a gloved finger touches one spot, that spot gets 'sticky' and a thin fibrous membrane can grow and attach that spot to another organ, muscle, etc.  The doctor told me that 'some people have pain when taking a deep breath that feels like their lung is pushing on their liver'.  Freaked me out!   That's when I read about adhesions.  I had 3 abdominal surgeries in 3 years plus a port in, a port out in my upper chest for chemo, etc.  I'd never mentioned the discomfort because I just always figured scar tissue from the last surgery.

Sounds like you might have some adhesions from the gall bladder surgery and maybe a piece of your intestines is 'stuck' to your liver or something.  The drawings I saw looked like a stretched rubber band and it also said the organs don't GROW together and affect each other, just get attached by this thick membrane. 

The liver (I had 80% of mine removed) has no nerve endings. When people have 'liver pain', it's because the liver has either swelled huge or has loads of fluid around it filling the 'sac' that protects it and pushes against other organs.  You could NOT have good liver readings and have that going on. 

I'd bet it's scar tissue from the surgery! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline spacetime

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 04:12:10 PM »
This may not be the same situation for you, but my anxiety manifests itself often as pain in my abdomen.  I have found that drinking a lot of water helps me calm down for whatever reason.  I also try to focus on where I am tensing my muscles up.  Maybe this could help you?   
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »
Daviezmom,  have you ever read about adhesions?  Well, 93% of people who have any abdominal surgery get adhesions which can cause a dull ache, a pulling sensation, etc.  Scar tissue begins to form 3 to 5 hours after surgery ends!!!

What I just read is that the organs in our body are slippery but if a piece of gauze, a surgical instrument, a gloved finger touches one spot, that spot gets 'sticky' and a thin fibrous membrane can grow and attach that spot to another organ, muscle, etc.  The doctor told me that 'some people have pain when taking a deep breath that feels like their lung is pushing on their liver'.  Freaked me out!   That's when I read about adhesions.  I had 3 abdominal surgeries in 3 years plus a port in, a port out in my upper chest for chemo, etc.  I'd never mentioned the discomfort because I just always figured scar tissue from the last surgery.

Sounds like you might have some adhesions from the gall bladder surgery and maybe a piece of your intestines is 'stuck' to your liver or something.  The drawings I saw looked like a stretched rubber band and it also said the organs don't GROW together and affect each other, just get attached by this thick membrane. 

The liver (I had 80% of mine removed) has no nerve endings. When people have 'liver pain', it's because the liver has either swelled huge or has loads of fluid around it filling the 'sac' that protects it and pushes against other organs.  You could NOT have good liver readings and have that going on. 

I'd bet it's scar tissue from the surgery!

Thank you so much!  This is very reassuring to me. So, IF there were issues going on with my liver, the AST and ALT readings from my general health panel would have picked it up?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 07:09:43 PM »
ABSOLUTELY!  Even a minor liver problem would have shown up in those readings.  My gall bladder problems showed up in my liver panel results.  Those are the same tests I get after have colon cancer spread to my liver (NO pain).
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 07:14:33 PM »
ABSOLUTELY!  Even a minor liver problem would have shown up in those readings.  My gall bladder problems showed up in my liver panel results.  Those are the same tests I get after have colon cancer spread to my liver (NO pain).

You have made me feel so much better!  Thank you very much for taking the time to talk to me :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: