Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: When is chest pain worrysome? Can anyone please help?  (Read 215 times)

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When is chest pain worrysome? Can anyone please help?
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »
Hi everyone,

So for the past 6 months or so, I have had some weird pains around my chest. I remember it started happening around June/July, and at first I thought it was from a restaurant that I ate at a few times. Almost everytime I ordered a certain burrito, I just had these odd feelings on the left side of my chest. It wasn't like I couldn't breathe, it sort of felt like heartburn, but not the normal heartburn I was used to experiencing. So I stopped eating at the place completely. But I still get the weird pains. I just had some now but this time it was on the right side of my chest, sort of around my breast. & I immediately thought "huh, that's weird. It's usually on my left side." & what happened? Literally as I was thinking it, I felt the pain go across my chest and over to the left side. Thanks alot, anxiety. I still sometimes get the random pains on the left side too. If I think about it while I have the pain, then it becomes worse and I feel like my walls are crashing in and that I can't breathe, so I quickly try to ignore it. Could this all just be anxiety/gas/indigestion related? It doesn't help that I just watched a news article where a dr was saying how December is the biggest time for people to have heart attacks, and he said "If you have any chest pain, don't write it off as indigestion. Get to a doctor asap." So, now that's running through my head. I'm almost 27, I work out 3-4 xs a week, but I don't have the best diet. Although, idk if it's the worst either. I haven't been to a doctor for a physical in who knows how long. I went to my gynecologist for my yearly exam in October, and he did listen to my heart and said it sounded good, but other then that, I haven't been to a doctor in a while. Is it something I should be concerned about? Or do I just brush it off as anxiety or something to that nature?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baseball1221

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: When is chest pain worrysome? Can anyone please help?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »
Are you constantly thinking about it and scared? Well things like this happened to me. Im only 16 and i thought i was having early signs of a heart attack. It's weird what anxiety can do to you.
I really don't see any reason to be worried. Are you having any symptoms on top of the chest pain? If you are having flash fevers, shortness of breath, light headidness, then i'd be getting it checked out. I get chest pains too still. Its kind if just like a stabbing pain, right?
But yeah, if you arent having associating symptoms I wouldn't worry too much.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soccerash21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: When is chest pain worrysome? Can anyone please help?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:09:09 PM »
Hi,

Thanks so much for the response.

I am ALWAYS thinking about it. Which is weird, because I never used to worry about heart problems. A while ago, my Grandfather was having fainting spells, and his doctors put in this device to monitor his heart, which is I think when my problems arose :/ A few weeks ago, he ended up having a Pacemaker put in because they said his blood pressure was dropping too low which was causing his heart to skip beats, and I think since he's had that in I have been more keen on paying attention to my heart. My resting heart rate is usually between 80-84, which I have heard normal is supposed to be between 60-100, but that the higher up it goes, the more likely you are to have heart problems. I just read an article that said anything over 80 is a concern.. so fantastic.

I don't have any other issues, at least not that I can recall. Just random bursts of whatever this pain is. It sort of feels like heartburn at times, but other times it feels like a bit of a stabbing pain. I sometimes get shortness of breath with it or I feel like I'm about to have a panic attack, but idk if that is just because I'm so worried about it as it's happening.? Sometimes the pain is just dull and annoying. Like I can move around and it just feels like something is sort of in the way or pressing on a part of my chest? I have no idea if I'm even making any sense, lol.

But thank you so much for your response! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: