Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Have you had it your entire life?  (Read 614 times)

Offline cutecat25

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
Re: Have you had it your entire life?
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2013, 11:24:31 PM »
When I look back I was always an anxious child, but it got to the point of an anxiety disorder when I turned 12.
Then in March 2012 I collapsed from a dizzy spell and since then my anxiety has become even more severe...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nisitiv

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 06:22:03 AM »
Yes. I used to have mental breakdowns and freakouts as a kid. My mom just wrote it off as me being an irrational, fearful child, but I knew there was something wrong with when I was about 11. I had these uncontrollable thoughts about all the ways I was going to die. Bombs, people breaking in, heart attack, etc etc. As I got older, it got worse and worse, and whenever I was in a high anxiety situation, I'd get dizzy and faint. My doctor said it was low blood pressure, but it wasn't until I got a therapist this year (I am 18) that I discovered that everything, my freakouts, my panic attacks, my sugar cravings, my hyopochondriac reactions, my dizziness and fainting, it was all related to GAD. I just thought I was crazy, my entire life I thought I was just insane and that there was no hope.

Though knowing that I have GAD doesn't make the situation any better. at least knowing that I have a sickness and not that I am batshit crazy really is helpful. It also allows me to learn what my triggers are.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 07:59:23 AM »
No I haven't, but the groundwork was laid in my childhood I'm sure. My father's an alcoholic, albeit a highly functioning one. But I'm sure family dynamics played a role in my outlook on life. I was a shy kid. I had a mild episode of anxiety for a few months in college, then after that I was something of a "worrier" though nothing clinically significant. For my I think the traits were there then things periodically ramped up over a course of years then even more so over months, to where they are now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Quetzal828

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »
I only learned that I have GAD and OCD about a year ago, when in my late 20's. But I also learned I've had both my entire life. This realization helped me make sense of a lot of things in my childhood -- panic attacks, compulsive rituals, distorted thought patterns, etc. At first, it was also incredibly freeing knowing life doesn't have to be this way. A year later, though, still in the midst of treatment and making very slow progress, I'm learning that anxiety truly permeates all aspects of my life. Freeing myself from it is like rebuilding a whole new person from the ground up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 02:52:05 AM »
yeah dizziness keeps me from doing anything
Bookmark and Share

Offline LostKeys

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 03:12:18 AM »
I think i have as far as i can remember but i guess i never knew what it was then... I suppose when i was diagnosed when i was 14-15ish is when i started having memorys of being worried to be around people or scared when parents were not around out at the store and they were not back quick enough...I now think I have had anxiety all more at least 80% of my life and i hope one da i can beat it!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LouiseThomy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 06:55:08 AM »
My first panic attack was when I was 14 from a horse riding accident where I injured my back and I couldn't breath, ever since I've had GAD. I'm 18 now...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mishpaz

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 08:16:59 AM »
Mine started in full force when I was 18, I am now 50. I do remember as a child having a period where I had difficulty sleeping. I complained to my mother and she said I was sleeping and didn't realize it. I wasn't though. Also I had a small bout of anxiety upon starting high school at age 14. Looking back I can see a pattern of anxiety issues from an early age.
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 04:15:14 PM »
 Hated being separated from parents, being away from home, separation anxiety, lots of crying.  In high school hands would sweat profusely, especially when socializing and would avoid situations that triggered this. Somewhat of a homebody and feared taking big trips, lots of worry about potential catastrophe. So, yes lifelong problems.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything