Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Past anxiety into derealization  (Read 219 times)

Offline Lily120

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Past anxiety into derealization
« on: December 18, 2013, 09:16:19 PM »
I don't know how to say this...maybe some background will help. I ran out of medication, and am trying to find a new doctor. In the meantime, I am really struggling. Not with anxiety so much anymore but derealization. I'm floating and I don't know how to ground myself.

I wrote a post the other day, and many people responded, but I didn't know how to reply to everyone. The words wouldn't come. To everyone who has replied to my previous post(s), if you read this, thank you and I appreciate it. Also, I see all of these posts by other people, and I want to help, but once I try to reply, I can't form the words.

It's like I can't reach out to anyone one to one anymore, only post generally like now. I want to get out of this rut, but I don't know how...how to function or how to communicate properly. Does anyone have or had this, where anxiety becomes too much and it turns into derealization? How do you get out? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline geo_eccentric

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Past anxiety into derealization
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:31:21 PM »
Probably not what you were expecting, but let me offer a challenge real quick. If the anxiety is not a problem, then where is the harm in derealization? You may be floating now, but with time and patience you can return to your ground state. For now, consider what it is that makes the derealization uncomfortable. My feeling is it might be an issue of control. If you can teach yourself to surrender control in more situations in life, it may not only improve the derealization, but other aspects of life as well. Let yourself float a bit. Often, we're stuck in a rut because we become fixated on one or two thoughts, or even one or two modes of thinking. Hope this helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lily120

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:18:06 PM »
Geo, I took your advice and you were right. Oddly enough, a short while after I just let go, I started to feel more grounded. I think it's what I needed at the time. Thanks, geo!
Bookmark and Share

Offline geo_eccentric

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 04:20:01 PM »
Pleased to be of service.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: