Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm convinced I have lymphoma  (Read 357 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm convinced I have lymphoma
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:33:31 PM »
This can't be right. I must have lymphoma. I have more symptoms than a lot if people who are diagnosed. Sweating at night that comes and goes but last night it soaked my collar and made the inside of my elbows wet. I don't have a temp in the daytime but at night I go from slightly damp to last night being wet around the collar and inside of my elbows. Not to mention I have a strange feeling in my chest lately. I was always itchy for 2 weeks recently. Very itchy. It started the night I was thinking, I really hope I don't start itching. Having been consistently itchy in like 2 weeks. The sweating stopped for 2 weeks in the middle then started up again. I am really getting scared. I had a full upper quadrant ultrasound a few weeks ago. They looked at my liver, pancreas, gallbladder, stomach, spleen, right kidney, and I think that's it. I had a full blood count 3 months ago cause I was scared of ovarian cancer. I've long left that fear. Anyways, those came back normal. I had a chest X-ray on Thursday. Normal. I know lymphoma can be hard to diagnose so I'm afraid it's orignating somewhere like my groin. I have a few pea siZed lumps in my groin that are firmish but movable. My doc has felt for nodes like 3 times and yet to come up with anything he thinks is suspicious. I'm going to go back after the holidays and insist on more testing. I'm dying and I know it :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuckoo8

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm convinced I have lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
I was afraid of lymphoma for 2 years. It all started when I first started sweating at night and eventually found a swollen lymph node in my clavicle pit. I got blood work done, there was nothing abnormal there, but I was so worried they ended up doing an ultrasound on the lymph node. The radiologist said it was normal and probably residue from a bad bronchitis I had had earlier that year. The lump is still there, but I'm alive, all these years later. At the time I had (and still have) the same pea-sized lymph nodes in my groin. The docs said they're normal and that you can sometimes feel the nodes, especially on slim people.

I still have night sweats from time to time, they're usually related to PMS symptoms or a stressful time like my college finals. I know what it's like to be sure you're dying, but based on what you said, it sounds like you don't have a reason to worry. But I know that can be an impossible task.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Englandoz12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 05:46:54 PM »
Hello

Does it not tell you something when you were probably sure you had other 'illnesses' in the past that have been ruled out through testing that you move onto another illness that they havnt checked for??

I did the same, I was sure I had testicle cancer for like a month and went to get it checked out and all was fine. Soon as I got the all clear I moved onto thinking I had kidney failure because no one has checked for that.

Sometimes we have to trust these doctors who have studied for 6 years before working as a doctor for years over ourselves who hav no real idea about how the body works and functions.

And trust me doctors can tell a lot from blood work. If your bloodwork is fine then you are fine too

Sending you hugs
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
Well I've never had such convincing symptoms as these ever. The night sweats is driving me insane. That's just not something you hear about people having. With the ultrasound, X-rays, and bloodwork what's the chances they missed it. I honestly think they are missing it. I'm visiting my family and I'm wasting so much of my trip so scared and upset. I'm a 23 year old mom and my daughter and I are here. Hubby coming in a few days. He almost can't take how worried I am. It drives him nuts. He says my tests show nothing so I'm fine. I know lymphoma can be a hard one to diagnose sonetimes. :( my uncle had lymphoma 12 years ago and his was found purely through a golf ball sized lump in his neck. If had been there a year. He's been in remission for 11 years. I just feel like I'm likely to get it since it's in my fam plus I'm just loaded with symptoms :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 11:17:37 PM »
 I'm laying in bed scared to go to sleep. Once I do I know the sweating will start. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Pichooi

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 04:43:03 AM »
Considering all the testing you have done I would say you can safely rest assure there is nothing wrong. I would be worried too if I had night sweats but since you have been to the doctor you are safe.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 12:44:03 PM »
Well to report back, I didn't sweat last night! I am, however, having a light period in the middle of my yaz pill pack.  :question: so not sure of what's up with that. Contributing to perhaps the possibility that my hormones are out of wack? I few months ago I got on and off and on and off again my bc pills for several reasons so maybe I screwed up everything. I hope thats all it is :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: