Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about these symptoms after googling?  (Read 199 times)

Offline LouiseThomy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about these symptoms after googling?
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:39:47 AM »
I'm 18. F.
So it all started with a flu I felt weak and on the same week I was stressing over an important exam which I studied 10 hours a day for during 4 days.
This was in November in the beginning. My legs felt weak, so did my arms, my head felt so tight I sometimes felt sick.
These symptoms lasted a week and went away during 4 weeks and now they are back again. They came back about a week ago, I started sleeping at about 3am because of my studying and had to get up at 9am and I did this for a week. In my college course (afternoon-night hours) from 3:00 until 9-00pm I feel so drained, tightness in my head, dizzy spells. Arms and legs have gone weakish. I Googled my symptoms which I shouldn't have done and basically told me things I didn't want to read and now it's playing on my mind that it's something serious.
I should mention that in the past two years I've had anemia and I was thinking it might be anemia again.
My symptoms: Head pressure, some parts are painful. Dizzy spells. Tired every second of the day from waking up and going to sleep. Body feels weak. Sometimes it's hard to concentrate. Not much appetite. My neck feels tight too.

It's hard to concentrate for my exams because this is constantly playing on my mind, thinking I have something really serious.

Thanks in advanced. :-) :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about these symptoms after googling?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:59:10 AM »
The most obvious answer would be to visit a doctor and explain how you are feeling. Tests can be done on you. Probably take some blood. Send it away for testing. That would be the first step I would take. But inside you somewhere, something must be saying ' anxiety '. Because here you are on an anxiety forum posting about the situation. The symptoms are all common with anxiety. But I would still go to the doctor and rule out other things first. When I say visit the doctor it is not to rule out anything over the top serious. It will let you know if you are low in anything or high in anything or if nothing shows up at all. If that happens we can then look at anxiety as a possible answer. But make a visit to your doctor. Always a good first step.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Leo99

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about these symptoms after googling?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:01:37 AM »
Hi LouiseThomy,

as you said it yourself (and most members here would agree with you), googling our symptoms isn't very helpful. In fact it tends to be just the opposite. But we've all done it before I guess  :spineyes:.
I cannot daignose you and so can no other person here. We are no doctors and even if we were, online diagnosis are often tricky.
My advice would be to first get that anemia thing checked out since you had it before.

As regards health anxiety, CBT is one of the therapies that proved quite helpful. Perhaps you can google some more about that if you haven't already?

I hope you feel better soon. And do get some well deserved rest. All best to you.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)

Tags: