I know some of you may already know that my current fear is my weight loss. Basically, I tried jogging and cutting back on extra food back in September and had a bit of an irregular diet due to a stomach bug that lasted almost a month (until early November). The exercise and diet only lasted for 2 weeks.
I do not normally monitor my weight, but this thing got me worried because a lot of people keep telling me that I am losing weight.
Basically, ever since the weight loss comments have been pouring in, here are some of the things that are keeping me down:
1. I get anxious whenever I look at photos of myself that were taken earlier this year because they make me say that "Oh my god, did I really lose weight?"
2. The Christmas season and people are calling me to have some parties. I have already turned down 5 invitations because I fear that people whom I haven't met for a little while will say "Oh my gosh, you lost weight! Congratulations!".
3. I can't help but look at myself in reflections/mirrors wherever I am. I sometimes even turn on my camera phone to look at myself and say "God, I look thinner!"
4. There are times when I just walk around and ACTUALLY feel like I am just skin and bones. I feel like my face is just a skull and my flesh is LITERALLY nibbling away due to weight loss.
5. I get anxious often now because I always anticipate people to tell me that I lost weight.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. This morning a colleague of mine told me that I wasn't chubby anymore!
I am actually overweight and I know I could lose extra pounds, but I feel like this is just too much.
Last October 15, I weighted at 189 lbs and last week I was down to 182.5. Just few days ago, I was 183. My height is 5'9.
PEOPLE JUST WON'T STOP WITH THE WEIGHT LOSS COMMENTS!!!
I feel seriously okay in the physical sense and my clothes seem to still fit fine (I guess?).
I cannot anymore take another comment without going to the ER.