Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Breast biopsy microcalcifications- terrified  (Read 181 times)

Offline Veronica

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Breast biopsy microcalcifications- terrified
« on: December 17, 2013, 01:16:19 AM »
I am having a breast biopsy after x-mas as there was a cluster of microcalcifications seen on my mammo. This was my first mammogram and I went in as I had a lump in the other breast that turned out to be a cyst. Then they found these calcifications.
I am terrifed it is cancer! My mammo was 6 months ago and I was told I could either have the biopsy or wait and do another mammo in 6 months. I have a really high deductible so decided to wait and do another mammo. However when I called to make the 6 month mammo appt. the Dr. called back and said another radiologist had looked at my previous mammo there was no point in doing another mammo and that I needed to get in for the biopsy. Now I am freaking out! It's been 6 months, if this is something bad, I am terrified it has spread everywhere! I have been having these bad headaches with vertigo and weird vision, which I thought could be migraines. But then I start to worry as usually these headaches start when I am sleeping and are worse when I wake up and get better during the day. I also had an ANA blood test turn up positive over the summer with no real explanation. I am terrified and having bad anxiety.
Thanks for listening!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Breast biopsy microcalcifications- terrified
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:40:12 AM »
The mind goes into overdrive when we hear such things. We always expect the worst. I know my own mother did. They simply removed something and said it was nothing. She doesn't suffer from anxiety. But still she was worried. If a person without anxiety can worry about such things, can you imagine a person with anxiety. You will fear the worst until they tell you different. You will count the hours down to the day you have to go in. So just try and find things to do. To keep that mind of yours busy. To stop you thinking inwardly. There is nothing you can do until the day arrives. You can sit there and pull your hair out. It won't change a thing. Just try and find something else to think about for now. Let the day come to you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: