Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: how do I know if my med is working?  (Read 210 times)

Offline nancyga13

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
how do I know if my med is working?
« on: December 14, 2013, 10:52:27 PM »
I have been on 20mg of paxil for about a month now..but I can't tell if its working or not!!! The reason is because I still have to take sometimes 2 1mg klonopins a day!!! I mean I feel progress but i'm not sure if the paxil is making the progress or my klonopins!!! And I was on just klonopin for five years before I got on the paxil!!! So I just can't tell which one is making the progress if I still need klonopin!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 67
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: how do I know if my med is working?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 11:27:47 PM »
And I was on just klonopin for five years before I got on the paxil!!! So I just can't tell which one is making the progress if I still need klonopin!!

Are you only a regular schedule with Klonopin, or do you take it only as needed?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 09:06:12 AM »
I have always taken it once a day!!! 1mg a day, but since I got bad sometimes I take two day if needed!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 67
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
I have always taken it once a day!!! 1mg a day, but since I got bad sometimes I take two day if needed!!!

Then it will be hard to distinguish the Paxil response from that of the Klonopin, though when Paxil is working you should not need to take a second Klonopin dose. But you won't really know how well the Paxil is working until you wean off Klonopin. Don't be in a hurry to do so because antidepressants can take up to 12 weeks to kick-in.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline nancyga13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »
Thanks!! Sometimes I think my mind might just think I need two and I really don't!!! It's hard to say right now..I have made progress but like I said I can't tell which one yet I guess the only test is if I don't need them anymore, but like you said I have been on a schedule a long time with taking 1mg a day.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: