Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Irregular Heartbeat....and a question for LADIES  (Read 225 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Irregular Heartbeat....and a question for LADIES
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:37:37 PM »
Queen Cardiochondria is back with her monthly dose of heart fears. What is the flavor now? Irregular heartbeats. They get worse around my period, which I currently have. Although it's my lightest period in months, I have really bad heart palps and a fast resting HR from 84-92...which is usual, but 92 is high. My doc has listened to my heartbeat, looked at my EKG from summer and said I was fine. Something that troubled me was that I drempt about my fear of cardiac arrest and heard my heart beat slowly in the dream. I wake up every few hours. Ladies, does your heart give you palps around and during your period? Do you get irregular beats during them? My breathing gets weird as well, and it really scares me. I fear I'll suddenly drop dead from my heart rate and other crap.....I need help....and it usually, like clock work, bothers me most on my period. I'm 15, btw.

-Queen Cardiochondria, ELT
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Irregular Heartbeat....and a question for LADIES
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:37:18 PM »
Its a misconception that your heart has regular beats. It adjusts on demand. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Real-time_MRI_-_Thorax.ogv This is a real time MRI, and it shows what a 'regular' heartbeat is supposed to look like.

Your breathing gets weird cause of the anxiety. Its very difficult to notice if youre doing this.

Also stop measuring your pulse. Every time you do, the first beat will seem to take a lot longer than all the other beats. Like how if you look at an analog clock wiht a ticking second hand, the first second will seem to take longer. its an illusion. And when you measure your heart rate, you get scared, which causes your body to release epinephrine, which alters your heartrate in preparation for confronting a threat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline simoliz03

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 07:11:41 PM »
  I agree anxiety can effect your heart beat.  And my body does get funky during my period  :spineyes:.  The body is a little different during that nice time of the month. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 07:09:30 PM »
Thank you for your replies and the little known facts. I am honestly exhausted right now and I am having muscle spasms and fatigue.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 08:36:03 PM »
I have a resting heart rate of 110-120. 92 isn't too bad :) anxiety will make it worse though so don't stress
Bookmark and Share

Tags: