Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lung Cancer Fear New to this site  (Read 165 times)

Offline espo2777

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lung Cancer Fear New to this site
« on: December 14, 2013, 11:56:22 AM »
Hello everyone,

First off I am new to this site so I want to thank everyone ahead of time for any help they can offer. 

Here is my story I have Acid Reflux for about 8 years I am a 34 year old Male about 10 lbs overweight not obese my any means.  I has sports induced asthma and I just use an inhaler about once or twice a week.  So last 2 weeks my acid reflux has been acting up which gives me discomfort in my chest.  My dr did send me for a full cardiologist tests just to be safe passed no problem.  Here is my problem I switched my mattress about 2.5 weeks ago and started having back issues it was lower back and then went to mid back and upper back.  I also started have discomfort in my ribs so of course I start doing the worst thing ever and googling back pain and BOOM first thing that comes up in lung cancer.  I have never smoked in my life… my grandfather died of it at 88 but smoked for like 60+ years. for the last week and a half I just keep googling stuff I keep it to myself because I don't want people looking at my like I'm crazy.  I am going to go to the dr next week to get his opinion.  My back pain hurts when I sit, when I walk around it feels much better also once I get comfortable in bed it gets much better.  What freaks me out is the horror stories you find on google saying "my only symptom was back pain and dx of lung cancer"  I got myself so worked up I feel like I am a little short of breath.  my question is does anyone know if lung cancer has agonizing back pain or is it better when you stand up.  My only saving grace to me thinking its muscular is that I really feel it more when I sit.  Thank you so much for your help I wish I didn't feel like this but its nice to finally be part of a site where we can help each other.

Thank you again
Bookmark and Share

Offline thecrazylady

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lung Cancer Fear New to this site
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »
Hey espo, I hope you are feeling better.

I have the same issues as you.  I'm 34 and I did smoke (alot at times).  I have excruciating back pain, shoulder pain, SOB, occasional cough, the works.  I just went to the pulmonologist and ER and had x-rays and CTs done and it's all clear. 

Things I'm saying to reassure myself...  It's very rare to get LC at 34.  Especially if you never smoked. Back pain is very common among people of all ages. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmcewan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lung Cancer Fear New to this site
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »
You're pain might be from acid going back down your windpipe while you sleep. It will irritate your lungs and all of the surrounding nerves and tissue. Nothing to panic over, its just an annoyance. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: