Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Going out of my mind - lymph nodes  (Read 229 times)

Offline hamsterswheel

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Going out of my mind - lymph nodes
« on: December 14, 2013, 09:22:28 AM »
Please please help me.

I am in a terrible place with anxiety. I've barely eaten in days and I'm consumed with fear.

I have spent the past week poking and prodding into my neck. I can feel lymph nodes very tiny. I've felt so much that I've caused an break in the skin on my neck and it's a sore. My neck generally feels sore.

But the muscle on my right side is more prominent and now when I push right into it I'm sure I can feel a bigger node!!!! Im terrified this has been missed by the ENT who I saw last week. He did examine me for nodes and said he did not feel any.

Please help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Going out of my mind - lymph nodes
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 09:39:28 AM »
You really need to calm down. To be honest the ENT knows where the lymph nodes are way more than you would. On the left side of my neck the muscle is a lot larger than the right side. I've even wondered if it's a massive lymph node deep down. But I trust all the times the doctor has felt around he knows just what he's looking for. Plus it's been there for as long as I can remember. I've always titled my head to the side so I'm guessing that has something to do with it. They know what they are looking for and trust me, they don't want to be sued because they missed something. Even if you feel small nodes they obviously were off no concern or the ENT would have said something. Now I'm also speaking to myself here but we need to trust our doctorS! I just had two chest X-rays the other days. I was fully convinced lymphoma was going to show up in my chest but the X-rays were normal. Now to just believe it.... My fear is also lymphoma, but because of mild night sweats and off and on itchiness.
Bookmark and Share

Offline jdavies

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Going out of my mind - lymph nodes
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 11:52:44 AM »
You need to stop touching them...I had gone through this with an enlarged lymph node in my neck and I kept prodding and poking it and what happened...it got way bigger.....and of course that worried me excessively.....you need to understand that lymph nodes can go up for a lot of reasons, to fight infection, from a scratch etc...thats what they are supposed to do...you only need to worry when one constantly gets bigger and is hard, they are also usually fixed....they feel like ping pong balls.....if you have been checked out and the doctor said not to worry then don't.....and stop touching them...they will go down but it may take awhile...mine took around a month to go down
Bookmark and Share

Tags: