Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared from diabetes, weird symptoms  (Read 242 times)

Offline MariaGrceva

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared from diabetes, weird symptoms
« on: December 13, 2013, 07:21:05 PM »
I dont know what came over me

Like few days ago I was on a test and I was stressed out and collapsed. I finished the test and afterwards I figured it must have been cuz I havent drank or eaten anything since 7am and it was 5pm when that happened.

So then I was taking my blood pressure all day and its was low 90/50 and I was a little bit scared
I was drinking water all day and felt fine.
And then this very annoying sensation of salty taste in my mouth appeared. And I got really annoyed by it and then I did the worst thing I could have done which is google. I know...I was google free for 6 months and then I did this.

And I read that salty taste is a symptom of diabetes 2 somewhere and now im freaking out. I had a blood work done like a month ago and it came back clean. But lately i've been fatigued and im either hungry or i lack appetite and I have a frequent need of urination sometimes.

Im just scared right now I shouldn't have googled but Im now scared i have diabetes and cant eat chocolate because im in this fear. And my parents dismiss this fear just like every other fear.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 202
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared from diabetes, weird symptoms
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 08:11:33 PM »
Sorry to hear you are having to deal with this! 

My first thought when I read your post when you had said you hadn't eaten all day was low blood sugar, not diabetes.  Often from not eating you will get light headed or dizzy and can pass out or 'collapse'. 

I am betting this was just a one time incident from not eating.  My suggestion to you would be to always carry some crackers in your purse so that if you end up missing a meal, you can at least have a little snack to keep your blood sugar where it belongs!!  I hope this helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kazoo

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 02:02:00 PM »
Diabetes type 2 doesn't just come up out of nowhere.  It takes years to develop.  If you had a normal blood test a month ago, it isn't that.  Also, a salty taste is not an indicator of diabetes as far as I know.

I vote for the low blood sugar hypothesis also, along with stress.  Skipping meals is not good for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MariaGrceva

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
Thank you for these lovely replies. I didn't know a thing about diabetes except what doctor google said.
I guess we are back to worrying over other things then eh...
This anxiety seems never ending.  :spineyes:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: