Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: So.....Low grade follicular lymphoma  (Read 332 times)

Offline Baldrick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So.....Low grade follicular lymphoma
« on: December 13, 2013, 05:14:21 PM »
That's what I'm worried about. It's one of the more common lymphomas but in people around 60, I'm 25.
I've written this so many times but I'll do it again............I have had swollen lymph nodes for six years now. Yes, six years! They're in my groin and armpits, I guess they're mobile or at least some of them are but I don't think any of them are stuck to the surrounding tissues. They vary in size, I'd say the biggest one is 1,5 - 2 cm that one is in my right armpit. All of them feel hard.

As for other symptoms, I've been tired a lot this past week although I haven't been sleeping well. I often get pain in my groin and it's always very close to a lymph node, I also get pain in my legs and in my abdomen, right now at this very moment I'm pain free though.
The fact that they've been there so long is making me anxious about slow growing lymphoma, such as follicular lymphoma, which is usually found in people around 50-60 and I've had swollen nodes since I was almost 19 years old.

Sigh....what I've read about this (bad idea) is that often the disease becomes more rapid after 5-10 years.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So.....Low grade follicular lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 07:25:33 PM »
Well there aren't too many terrible things that will take 6 years to really manifest themselves.  Have you gotten the nodes looked at by a doctor?  They could tell best whether there was an issue other than anxiety going on.  I imagine a blood test would also rule out a lymphoma as well.  Fatigue is pretty common when anxious and/or depressed, its pretty amazing how much energy it can sap from oneself, but its not going to go on forever.  So get yourself checked out if you have not already done so, and then accept what the docs say, and if you are still feeling anxious, realize its anxiety, not lymphoma, and get appropriate help for it.  Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 09:37:36 PM »
Well there aren't too many terrible things that will take 6 years to really manifest themselves.  Have you gotten the nodes looked at by a doctor?  They could tell best whether there was an issue other than anxiety going on.  I imagine a blood test would also rule out a lymphoma as well.  Fatigue is pretty common when anxious and/or depressed, its pretty amazing how much energy it can sap from oneself, but its not going to go on forever.  So get yourself checked out if you have not already done so, and then accept what the docs say, and if you are still feeling anxious, realize its anxiety, not lymphoma, and get appropriate help for it.  Good luck!

I've had numerous tests over these 6 years, two CT scans back in 2007 that were clean. Had a few ultrasounds last year that didn't concern doctors. I did however have a blood test that had slightly elevated LDH , often a bad thing for lymphoma, but again, no one was concerned.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »
I've been really sleepy this past week. I'm pretty good in the mornings/afternoons but once evening hits I'm dead tired.
Is this like cancer fatigue?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: