Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Someone please help I need advice I'm just so scared  (Read 399 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Someone please help I need advice I'm just so scared
« on: December 11, 2013, 11:25:19 PM »
Alright so I've been dealing with anxiety since last January and it has been so horrible for me, ever since then I've developed this huge fear of schizophrenia or psychosis anything like that I've dealt with it all year constantly questioning everything always checking if I have any symptoms I've had my ups and downs during all of this at one time thinking that I let go of the fear. During this October though I have had a major setback I now started questioning everything again for some reason I started questioning delusional thoughts since I know that’s a symptom of schizophrenia my imagination just creates delusional thoughts to test to see if I really believe this crap like I’ll get the thought “what if someone is going through my stuff” and then I’ll ask myself “do I actually believe that” and it’s like the thought makes me doubt myself so much and becomes so abstract and I just ruminate about it constantly and I don’t even know what I believe anymore is not like I fully believe it I’m just always asking myself “do I actually believe this dumb crap” and becomes so hard to answer. But then I read a lot of other threads about how if you was actually delusional you wouldn’t know it, that delusional people do not question their believes they find nothing wrong with them but it still doesn’t help because I can’t stop obsessing over it and fear that I actually do believe that. I’m so scared I just want to stop worrying please anyone with advice it would help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikeyw92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone please help I need advice I'm just so scared
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »
Hey my anxeity started a few months ago one night when I was lying in bed and started to think that one day I will die. I  started to obsess with death an would keep me awake every night thinking about it and I would jump up several times before I could actually fall asleep. I have been the doctors and I'm on medication for anxeity and depression. However in the last 2 weeks I've been having the exact fear you have that maybe I'm actually going mad and I think of things a mentally ill person would do and its like my mind tries to persuade me that's how I feel; for example I think what if I have paranoia then my mind tries to persuade me that I am paranoid or if I'm on a bus I think what if I just snap and go crazy infront of everyone. Mental illness runs in my family my dad has Schizophrenia and I've learned when someone has abreak down and an illness like this they don't have a clue about it they think they are normal. The biggest thing I've learned and the thing that helps me the most is that anxeity is just fear and causes us to over think and have these thoughts and they are nothing but bad thoughts. If were truly going crazy we wouldn't know. When ever you feel bad you just got to tell yourself its just anxeity nothing else the more you think something bads happening the worse it gets that's how anxeity it prepares your body for something bad because your mind thinks something bad is happening. You just realise you have anxeity and accept It, since I started to think this way I've felt a lot better and learnt to live with it better hope the same can work for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 11:52:25 PM »
You are not and your not gonna become schizophrenic ... Schizophrenia is most of the time an inherited illness meaning someone in ur family must be schizophrenic for there to be any good chance of you being schizophrenic .... If your questioning yourself being schizophrenic.. That's how you know right there that your not schizophrenic .... Schizophrenics don't know for the most party they're schizophrenic amd many people theatre are deny it... I had this fear when i first started with anxiety myself ... U mention the "what if" thoughts , that is a CLASSIC symptom of anxiety ... You have anxiety and that's it from what your saying , my advice would be to get some sort of help, if u wanna tryna do that , if u wanna try therapy than do that , herbs, natural therapies like accupuncture , whatever u feel comfortable with its up too you.... Also do some real research on schizophrenia and you'll see it's not something you just develop , and that you just have anxiety ... God bless
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »
If u wanna try meds**
Bookmark and Share

Offline chris1234

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 11:57:01 PM »
Just tell your mind that worrying about schizophrenia is a waste of energy and impeding your progress on getting rid of your anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline scb07d

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 12:01:12 AM »
People can have delusions and recognize that they're delusions. Psychosis is different though. People who are psychotic (which is like extreme delusions) are going to believe that what they think is actually true. But yeah, it's totally possible to have delusions and recognize that your thoughts are way off base. People who are schizophrenic can recognize that they have an issue and deal with it, but schizophrenics who are actively psychotic aren't going to recognize what's going on most likely.

What you're talking about sounds like depersonalization/dissociation/derealization which is pretty typical of anxiety. It can seem similar to psychotic symptoms and people with extreme levels of anxiety can definitely have psychotic experiences but it's generally not the same as having schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, etc as people with those so-called disorders have more extreme experiences involving hallucinations, more pervasive delusional thinking, etc.

Anyway, what you're describing just sounds like dissociation. Finding a way to accept your feelings of anxiety and being able to focus on meaningful areas of your life could improve how you feel. So just letting your thoughts/fears be where they are and directing your attention to actions could be a good idea. The questions that you can come up with never end. Continuously focusing on them doesn't really go anywhere.

Bookmark and Share

Offline bbwire

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 12:09:23 AM »
Thank you so much for your advice!! so what about whenever I ask myself do I actually believe these stupid thoughts and it becomes so hard to answer is that just my anxiety/ocd doubting myself and challenging my beliefs? is that the same as say someone had the fear of being gay and they have gay thoughts and ask their selves "do I actually think I'm gay" and it scares them so much that it becomes hard for them to answer and doubts their selves. I was just using that as a example would that be like the same thing is it just your anxiety making you doubt yourself?
Bookmark and Share

Offline scb07d

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 12:27:20 AM »
Yeah, it's just anxiety. More related to OCD I guess though, yeah. If you can take a step back from your thoughts and just accept them as they are and focus on other things it probably won't bother you as much. It's the same with people who have like thoughts of murdering their family, or molesting their own children, stuff like that. Attempting to suppress those thoughts or focusing on them too much just reinforces them. You're better off just accepting them as they are and focusing on other things in your life.

Like, "oh, I just had the thought of bringing a gun into my workplace." Chances are you're not going to do that, so you can just go back to what you were doing.

I don't know why it happens with homosexual thoughts, but that's a good example. Not like there's anything wrong with being gay, but I guess our society still considers it bad. It's really common for straight people (guys mainly I think) to have these kinds of experiences with "gay" thoughts. Just the way things are atm I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bbwire

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 12:42:37 AM »
So I'm not really suffering from delusions its just my ocd and anxiety doubting myself? its just like that's my biggest fear and I know all the symptoms and one is being delusional so my imagination creates these thoughts to test my resolve and then I question the thought to make sure I don't actually believe it but I just doubt myself so much and I obsess and obsess about it because I don't want to believe that dumb crap and makes me not know what I think! I say yeah it would be just like harming thoughts someone has those thoughts and then ask themselves if they actually think they could hurt someone and it scares them and makes them doubt their selves. Thank you so much for your help, so I'm just suffering from anxiety and ocd and I should just accept the thoughts and they will eventually go away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline scb07d

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 01:02:20 AM »
Well, they may or may not go away, but they won't bother you as much if you're not trying to change them or actively worrying about them. It'll just be like, "ah yeah, I had a thought about X and that's kind of uncomfortable, but it's just anxiety," and then you can go back to focusing on whatever is important in your life.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 11:04:47 AM »
Hi bbwire...  I would highly recommend that you consider making an appointment with a psychiatrist.  They are the experts and they can give you a diagnosis, which might put your mind at ease.  There are many forms of treatment for these problems, medications, therapy, and many others, either alone or in combination, they can work wonders.  As always, I wish you the best...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Tags: