Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Somebody please just hear me out...  (Read 222 times)

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Somebody please just hear me out...
« on: December 11, 2013, 06:21:44 PM »
Hi everyone, just for a background reference allow me to say....

I'm a 25 year old male, 40 punds overweight, spent most of my life as an hypochondriac and being generally anxious altogether.
Work is scarce where I currently live so doctor's visits and things of that nature are not easily affordable for me nor wanted at this time lol. I seek advice from people who are close to me but very few understand the situation I have been dealing with for well over 15 years (from what I can remember)

c****r Fear: While I am ALWAYS in fear of having contracted every disease I can think of during various stages of my anxiety, they sometimes subside over time with things either healing or going away. In THIS case though, about last August, I had did some feeling around my neck (for what reason I cannot remember). During the process I stumbled upon a FEW small lumps in the chin/jaw area of various sizes and it nearly scared me to death. The anxiety somewhat went back and forth but as of late it has become un-nerving because unlike my other fears this is something I can actually FEEL and notice. Instead of googling, I tried a different approach by googling symptoms I tried to google forums to see other experiences and became more frightened.

I had even more symptoms of lymphoma than I knew:

Constant itching?:  Check, the back of my legs just started itching like crazy a few months ago with no explanation.

Aches? You bet. My right knee about a year and a half ago, just began to hurt like hell to the point i thought it was cracked on the inside.

I dont know if these lumps are normal quite frankly. I cant get checked out at the moment. They are kind of firm, movable and I have a patch that when I lift my neck shows that hair doesnt even actually grow in the area.  I am in such a bad space mentally at the moment that I dont wanna do ANYTHING, even work. Even when I am NOT sick they are still the same size.

I just need some kind of feedback. I know I post about this often but not to this extent.

Don't even get me started on my heart fears lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Somebody please just hear me out...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »
I used to get itchy with my anxiety as well. My main issues are heart issues but I can relate to believing something is wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 08:12:34 PM »
Hello,
I'm going through this fear right now also, everything points to if they are moveable and soft/firm, you should be fine. I've been poking at my nodes and they have gotten worse, I went to the my Doc. He said yes they were lymph nodes but he wasn't that concerned because I had a CBC done like a week before on suspected anemia, and my results came back normal and he didn't seem to concerned. He said I had others i wasn't even aware of and he put me on an antibiotic for 5 days, the one's I didn't notice went down, but the two I have been poking at are still around because well I was poking at them, so I'm still a little anxious, I notice every itch and pain, but most of it is because I'm hyper aware of my body right now(I hope). As long as they are not growing, and you don't have drenching night sweats and a fever, from what i've read you should be good. best of luck.
I hope i helped in someway, and somehow didn't make it worse.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline memphisGuy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 09:23:13 PM »
Thank you both :) I too have heart worry, this has been surpassed by this issue recently though but it is still very much here lol

As for fevers and night sweats, I VERY rarely have fevers (that I know of) and I can recall waking up with a wwet shirt sometimes though I cant recall if I have been doing so now that it is colder outside.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: