Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Strange symptom like I can't catch breath, afraid of MS  (Read 481 times)

Offline Georgewhitman123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Strange symptom like I can't catch breath, afraid of MS
« on: December 10, 2013, 01:04:12 PM »
I'm a 20 year old male with OCD/anxiety disorder. I'm currently on Luvox 300mg (which isn't helping) Let me start off first by saying I was never diagnosed officially for hypochondria. Although I have had health fears that have impacted me throughout my life. My mom always called me a hypochondriac when I was little and still to this day. But I feel like that's just more of a stereotype. Like calling someone bi-polar when they actually have borderline personality disorder. My ex-psychiatrist (wasn't helpful) Told me people with hypochondria usually don't have compulsions like I do so he didn't think I had it. (the guy was an idiot in my opinion so I'm not sure if I should believe that) I put it on this part of the forum though because I know it will get moved here anyway because I have an intense, traumatizing fear of MS that has destroyed me (you can look at my other posts explaining my story and how it began) Anyways, let's get to what brought me here again.

This is literally one of the strangest and hardest to explain symptoms I've been experiencing lately. I'll try to explain it the best I can. When I take a deep breath it feels like air is only going into the right side of the body. The same goes with my nostril. My right nostril and right side of throat have this "airy" sensation, like an air current is blowing through it. It's not a good sensation, it feels very strange and makes me extremely uncomfortable and nauseous. It feels as if I can't get a good breath and my lungs feel constricted. This symptom comes and goes throughout the day and the intensity will vary. Sometimes its so bad I have to lay down until i feel better. And I know this isn't asthma, or anything simple like that. I've experienced asthma, I know what it feels like. I grew out of it a few years ago. I do have acid reflux/hiatal hernia but I doubt that it is either because I would be getting other REFLUX symptoms not just this. My throat does feel tight and a gagging sensation at the bottom of my throat like theres something in it. Sometimes from this which makes it feel even harder to breathe.

So I literally typed "Can't catch my breath" into Google and guess what was the second link? An MS forum. Yup, try it for yourself. Well, now I'm back to where I started. I thought I was getting better but every time I start improving I always get knocked back down. MS haunts me to this day and it's not like I just make up these symptoms in my head or that my fear is entirely irrational. There's obviously a reason I'm afraid of this disease. If I was just crazy I would obsess over things like "brain tumor" ALS, etc. But I know better than that because I use rationality. I would KNOW if i had those things.  Is it possible this is anxiety? Could this be problems with my rib/back muscles? Or even fibromyalgia? My mom was diagnosed with that years ago but It's mild it never really bothers her too much.  I do get achy muscle pains around my lung area/back not to mention I get muscle twitching/muscle pain/tension all the time which I have no idea why. My head will get hot also from this symptom like i have a fever. And I know it's not allergies or anything like that. My nose isn't running, I don't have a soar throat or any "flu-like symptoms" either. Also it comes and goes randomly so that wouldn't make sense. Anways, help would be appreciated and sorry for the long post, I just feel like I have to provide a certain amount of information to get my point across. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline michelle360

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Strange symptom like I can't catch breath, afraid of MS
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 07:31:28 PM »
Why are you fixated on MS with this symptom? Are you afraid it's the MS "hug"?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: