Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 55 times)

Offline kyrose97

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introducing myself
« on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
Hey guys! I'm Kylie and I live in the US. I am 16 (17 in April). I guess I have struggled with anxiety my entire life but only in the last couple of years have I realized it was an actual disorder. Within the last year I've started having panic attacks. I'm currently in therapy and started taking Zoloft a couple weeks ago. I'm kind of at my wits end here. This anxiety is ruining my life. I feel like I can't be a normal teenager. I can't hang out with my friends or go on dates with my boyfriend. With the anxiety comes depression. It's ridiculous. I would really like to learn how others cope with their anxiety and maybe I could help other people too! I'm pretty much an open book so if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask!
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 03:29:08 AM »
Hi kyrose,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. The chat room is for members 18 years and older only.

I am sorry to hear about all your struggles with the anxiety.  I know all to well how the anxiety can also lead to depression as the anxiety changes and limits your life.  The key I have found is to not let it limit what you do.  Instead you have to push yourself to do things even if they make you anxious or give you a panic attack.  The anxiety and panic can not hurt you and you have to accept that.  Only by pushing through and proving that you are stronger than the anxiety will you find some relief.  Good luck and I hope you find help and support here. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: