Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hand cramping arm weakness.  (Read 251 times)

Offline limitless10

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hand cramping arm weakness.
« on: December 09, 2013, 12:30:23 AM »
Lately I have been having some hand cramping in both hands. At times it feels hard to move my fingers or hands. My left arm feels week and or heavy. And the other day my arm felt tired and week when holding my small dog. I also get some twitching in both arms. I see my doctor a lot, but haven't talked about this fear. Any one else get this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline limitless10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hand cramping arm weakness.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:41 PM »
no one?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kj94702

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 08:47:16 PM »
Sorry Limitless.....maybe no one responded because more or less everyone has this. Perceptions of weakness are fairly pervasive around here.

In case it is helpful, doctors distinguish between clinical weakness and subjective weakness. Clinical weakness is when there are actual deficits in your strength (e.g. dropping your dog, unable to push a door open, etc.). These are infrequently transient and hard to ignore. By contrast, subjective weakness is when your muscles feel weak/fatigued/tired without any of the clinical weakness described above. These sensations typically come and go.

Subjective weakness is almost always anxiety. Clinical weakness is more concerning and needs to be addressed by a doctor.   

Twitching of your muscles is common and almost never indicates anything other than anxiety. As I write this, my calves are twitching.

You haven't provided much detail but my guess is that you will find a great deal in common with the folks around here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline limitless10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:02:10 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Im 22 and I dont think I have ALS because I know thats a loss you dont get back. but I fear some sort of brain injury. Like a few months ago I did an eye test for eye tracking and it was delayed. I just hate this feeling of weakness and hand pain.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: