Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman  (Read 142 times)

Offline jed

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman
« on: December 08, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »
This community has shown me that I am not alone in my nightmare, which has been a profound comfort in times of anxiety and panic; so, I think it's high time I joined up and introduced myself.

I'm twenty-two years old and I suffer from moderate to severe anxiety for most hours of every day. I have panic attacks too, but sometimes I can't tell where the anxiety ends and the panic begins.

I've had anxiety issues from the very second I emerged into the world, but up until about three months ago, they had been dormant for about four years. Now, they're back like never before. Adrenaline is always coursing through my veins. My doomsday train-of-thought is stuck in an infinite feedback loop. I'm so exhausted from this madness that I don't feel I have the energy or desire to do that which would normally bring me joy.

A good book and a great therapist have helped me understand what's happening to me and discover some of the reasons this all resurfaced when it did (one I hadn't imagined: an excuse to postpone some very difficult life decisions.) This understanding, and the understanding that there are many others out there suffering from the same issues, has revealed to me that there is hope.

Here's to Day 1 of recovery.

Also here's a video of foxes jumping on a trampoline:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xJtH6UcQY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xJtH6UcQY</a>

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Good Evening, Ladies and Gentleman
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 06:30:34 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mothmama

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:09:02 AM »
Hi there! Welcome.  I wish you the best of luck in finding treatment that works for you. Taking a look at our "success stories" section gives me hope and ideas for stuff to try.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sadg1984

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 01:27:53 PM »
Hello just wanted to welcome you im new to this site so far im relieved talking to others that have the same issues as me ..i feel like i wont be judged. . Im 29 i have sad ..gad..and panic disorder i believe ive had anxiety most of my life but at 19 panic disorder became my nightmare ive been struggling ever since ...its exhausting!  But im hopeful and just remember were very strong to deal with this ! Anyway good luck :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: