Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Burping too much...scared  (Read 1180 times)

Offline dmarie725

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Burping too much...scared
« on: December 08, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
I'm a 31 year old female with really bad health anxiety. I've been having a really abnormal symptom for the last 3 months. I've been belching on and off every single day out of nowhere, completely not normal for me. I had an endoscopy and ultrasound (normal). So now I'm wondering what else it could be. I was stupid and "googled" and came across something that listed abnormal belching as an early sign of pancreatic cancer. Is this true? Am I completely over reacting?? I've also been having mild nausea which concerns me as well. Then I worry with my ultrasound they missed something on the pancreas.

If anyone has any rational thoughts please let me know. :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline laura124

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: Burping too much...scared
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »
I've had this symptom on and off for many years. When your nervous you inadvertently swallow air when you eat or talk, breathe... I went to gastro when I was in my 30's and he said it was common with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dmarie725

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 07:37:49 PM »
Thanks for your response. I'm definitely anxious now but the problem is I don't remember being anxious when this belching started. If you don't mind me asking...when you had this symptom, how long did it last and how often do you think you were belching?

I also feel that when I eat it's worse but also happens on an empty stomach and as soon as I wake up. It's strange because anything I eat or drink I have to burp a few minutes later. I'm not swallowing extra air suddenly while eating. What's up with this?? My gi says anxiety also but I just think there has to be some underlying cause :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alvie22

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »
hey there dmarie725

I've felt that, as a matter of fact, I still feel that. I belch on an empty stomach, and it feels terrible. I burp after eating anything. Even after drinking water! I also feel that the more I think about it, the more it actually happens. I would suggest that you relax a bit and don't get to worked up about your symptoms. It could possibly just be acid reflux.
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:40 AM »
I was wondering if your condition got better or you found anything else out. I am having the same problem. I started taking Nexium for the reflux, but I'm still burping constantly no matter what I eat or drink.
Bookmark and Share
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 01:28:22 AM »
By statistics I found that 90% of those who suffer from Pancreatic cancer are over the age of 55 years old. heavy Smokers. Obese. and most often male.

I looked and researched that Burping was not the first signs/stage of Pancreatic cancer.

nausea is listed as a side effect for probably 1.8 billion notable illnesses in the world.

I mean aside from my valuable researched information, it looks that you tested normal with your endoscopy and ultrasound.

You've got nothing to worry about other than the fact that you're burping and you're slightly nausiated (probably because you're rather worried that you're burping.)

So I'd scratch PC out of the question.

If they just so happened to "miss" something in your pancreas they could say goodbye to their six figure a year earnings.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:31 AM »
I've always viewed belching as a good thing, it helps relieve my acid reflux. It's when I have reflux and can't belch, I start to worry and develop anxiety symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 05:41:33 AM »
yes, swallowing air will cause belching. But the real reason for the belching is because you are releasing hydrogen from foods that you are not digesting properly, moreso, the bacteria are the ones that are releasing hydrogen thus you need to expell that gas so you belch. Let me guess, do you often have dry mouth? Do you often get a whitish tongue or feel like there is a bad poop taste on the back of your tongue? Do you get tonsil stones? If so, i would recommend a toothpaste like biotene, and biotene mouthwash for proper oral hygiene (very gentle so your mouth doesn't get so dried out). ALso, buy a waterpik from bed bath and beyond and flush tonsils once in AM and once in PM if you get tonsil stones or the bad poop taste on the back of your tongue. THat's for the oral care. For the stomach, what PPI are you taking? How long have you been on it? Do you take a probiotic?  WHat type diet do you eat? Anything that ends with an -ose with make you belch, such as beer (maltose). So what your body is telling you is that you need a diet change. No gum, no mints, no soda. Avoid alcohol. No fried fatty foods. No foods with high fructose corn syryp or high maltose syryp. So basically, start eating a lot of vegetables, like 2 servings fruit per day (that would be one banana and 5 strawberries). See if cutting out dairy will help, or, maybe just cutting out lactose but still having dairy if they just use casein instead. Bread, buy a bread without HFCS in it and choose a bread lowest in sugar. Replace butter with extra virgin olive oil. Meat-bake lean chicken or fish. So the goal is to eat healthy and provide nutrition to yourself but starve the bacteria of what they like to eat, which is sugar, so if you dont feed them then they cant release gas which you have to expel either by belching or farting it out. Also, bacteria is really important, it is called flora, it helps to control hormones and digestive processes, it basically dictates all our body systems, so that is why it is so important to keep it in balance (homeostatic).
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2014, 09:06:00 AM »
My reflux and burping actually started when I started doing the paleo diet. I had no processed foods, no sugar (except fruit), no grains, no dairy for about 3 weeks and then this started happening. Going in to the doctor again today to try to figure this out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 07:09:44 PM »
Well that could be from... If you are eating a lot meat... That will delay stomach emptying. So the belching could be from delayed emptying from too much meat. Too much fruit, and some more than others are high in fructans and that will cause belching. Are you eating a lot of coconut? That is very high in fructans
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 07:18:42 PM »
You may benefit from choosing fruits and vegetables acceptable on a FODMAP diet, and you can still remain paleo and FODMAP. You should ask for a HIDA scan with CCK. But being your sxs started same time as diet change, it's likely being caused by the change in your diet. Also could temporarily be for
 Too much fiber all at once but you will get used to the increased fiber eventually
Bookmark and Share

Offline colorlessideas

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2014, 12:13:08 AM »
I have been using coconut oil to cook with, but not eating it and not eating too much meat (only fish a few times a week). Going to look into FODMAP.

The first week of paleo I don't think I was eating enough calories, which triggered bad anxiety. So, I think it's probably a combination of things going on.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.
Bookmark and Share