Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worry all time  (Read 309 times)

Offline Worry wart expert

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worry all time
« on: December 08, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
Hi everyone
Just found this forum and are glad to have somewhere go to try to find some relief.

I 've  been a worrier for as long as I can remember. I'm 50 now and it's not getting any easier.
My main worry is with work. We have a small business and customers just don't pay in 30 days and I have vendors that must be paid on time. I'm fine when there's cash flow but every month when I'm waiting for money to come in, the constant worry and stress take over my brain.

I also hate social situations where people I don't know are there and afterward go over and over each conversation in my mind. Forget going to doctors, my heart races driving there in the car and my stomach aches while waiting in the waiting room.
I went to a medical doctor years ago and he gave me lexapro but it was expensive and I stopped taking it and got sick. I'd rather not take any meds for fear of depending on them

Has anyone else dealed with  anything similar?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worry all time
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:00:14 PM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. I own a small business and I have 2 co-workers. I have the same trouble as you collecting
money. I have some clients who owe me money since May. I agree with you that it can be very stressful and I have had to use my bank line of credit. I also got stiffed earlier this year for $3,000. I am on the phone or emailing people asking when they think they will be able to pay me. I have no solutions to our problem, however.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 03:23:15 PM »
Thank you for replying. I too have used and are using a line of credit.  I make phone calls and email.  Most won't answer the phone or reply to emails.  I say I want their job so I can sit there all day do nothing. I just don't understand how they can ignore someone and these are companies not some person at home hiding from creditors .  Going to the mail box is stressful event!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 09:20:14 PM »
Hi Worry wart, I felt like I was reading about myself! Social situation are horrible for me, my anxiety shoots through the roof and that is one of the situations that cause me to panic. Going to the doctor never used to bother me, but these last few years the ride there is terrible, the waiting room wait gets my heart beating fast, then when they call me in I practically jump out of my skin. My blood pressure is normal (normally) but if they take it right away it is higher, so the last few times I've asked the nurse to wait a few minutes before she takes it and it has been ok. So I completely empathize with you and what you go through, I understand how hard it can be at times. Silly as this may be, I just keep waiting for the day that this anxiety disappears just as mysteriously as it came----at least that is what I hope it does, I just want to be 'normal' again :)
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 06:50:53 PM »
Hi Carrieann
I agree I wish it would disappear too but my brain never seems to shut the constant worry and anxiety out.  I guess one good thing is at least we aren't alone.  Too many others feel like we do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 08:08:41 PM »
Very true...millions of others, so we're in good company :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline PennyPanic

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 11:58:23 AM »
I also own a business and find collections very stressful...that's not an HA thing, I think it is very stressful.  It got so bad that I just decided one day that all of my clients had to pay up front in full going forward.  I made few exceptions (I can count them on one hand)...but I told all of my clients that payment is due in full up front. They can get "terms" from their credit card company as my firm takes all major credit cards.

Some freaked out and vowed never to do business with me again - those were from the worst payers.
Some didn't care and didn't comment and just paid and continue to pay up front - no issues.
Some asked questions and I was very honest with them and explained that my mini - micro business is not set up to carry people for 120 days...plus it's costing me a full time salary for someone to do billing (which is true) when we could just settle up - once the contract is awarded.

I'll be honest, it was a gutsy move...I lost business because of it for sure...but the business I lost was mostly from the deadbeats that caused me the most stress.  Some people have refused to do business with me because of it...  but overall that's just allowed me to find clients that do respect me and my firm enough to pay - - plus again, we accept all major credit cards so they can still get their "terms" from their cc company!

Everyone's industry is different and yours might not be like mine, but as for me, I'd rather grow slower and do less in sales than to put my family and business at risk again with so much in receivables.

Work stress sucks and money stress is stupid and not good for anyone, least of all people like us who tend to stress out.

I wish you much luck and peace with this.  You will find your solution...hang in there.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 08:32:55 PM »
Thanks for your reply Penny. I wish I could tell customers credit cards only But it's not possible in my business. That's where the stress comes as you know. Vendors have to get paid on time or on credit hold you go. I feel like I'm a bank for these people who pay when they feel like.  I can't even send them to collection because they get upset and go elsewhere. Sometimes I just wish the slow payers would go somewhere else. I have some good customers that pay on time but it always seems like the slow ones owe the most which in turn gives me no cash flow and so the stress and sleepless nights continue which isn't good for this worry wart!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: