Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: intro  (Read 81 times)

Offline irishmick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
intro
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »
Hello,
         My name is Todd and I have been living with anxiety my whole life. I am 44 yrs old and would really like to be involved with other people with the same issues. Alcohol has been a real burden in my life as I would use it to self medicate. I also have been taking zanax for anxiety as well. nothing has worked. I hope you can help me on days that I just need to chat. I think I have a lot of insight on anxiety to talk with others and maybe help them as well.
Thx Todd
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: intro
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:53:58 AM »
Hi Todd,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

I am so glad you found Anxiety Zone. It has been a great resource for information and support for me and many others as we cope with anxiety.  I am 40 years old and have been dealing with panic disorder, GAD, and PTSD for almost 9 years.  It is helpful to know that we are not alone in our struggles with these disorders.  I have learned to cope much better with the anxiety through therapy, but everyone has different techniques that help them.  I look forward to seeing you in the forum and chat.   

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline irishmick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »
Thanks crikee, I look forward to chatting with you more. I have struggled hard the last three years after my divorce and I am seeing a counselor this week to see what he thinks. I need to control my anxiety without the use of alcohol (my ex best friend) and with out the use of medications, ie, zanax. I recently found out that zanax triggers alcohol. I was told by a counselor that it is like a bottle in a pill. when I would take one, usually at night I was told that I was slurring my words and acted like I was drunk. While I was awake and thought I was focused that got me in some trouble with my ex wife when she called to say goodnight to our son. this is the main reason I am seeing a counselor this week. I have been off alcohol for more than a year and I think its time to get off meds as well and do this on my own.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 07:04:20 PM »
I understand the struggles with anxiety very well.  I do not take medications for my anxiety and instead focus solely on therapy and the strategies I learn there.  In the last few months I have had a lot of success with using acceptance techniques.  My anxiety is down considerably as a result.  I would be more than happy to share my techniques with you and answer any questions you may have. Congrats on being off alcohol for the last year.  That is great.  Feel free to message me if you have questions etc.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: