Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello, you should really read this.  (Read 255 times)

Offline Hempstaaar

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello, you should really read this.
« on: December 07, 2013, 10:39:17 AM »
My names Ryan, been dealing with panic disorder for about 8 months now, GAD for probably a few years. My biggest fear is dying, and i'm
Only 20 years old, iv'e been through allot of stuff in the last year, ive lost my job, and basically my whole entire life because of something I cant even begin to understand, iv'e lost over 30 pounds in less than a month before, iv'e been rushed to hospitals with tachycardia, prescribed meds, and have been unemployed for over 6 months due to the intense physical and mental symptoms i have been experiencing.

-intense loss of concentration and memory, motor skills, intelligence, and general health.
-pains that radiate all through my body, chest pains, back pain, pretty much anywhere and everywhere.
-intense brain fog, depression, lethargy, fatigue, constipation, nausea, muscle weakness, general weakness
-eye floaters, blurry vision, feeling of being detached from reality.

The list go's on and on and on... Can anyone to relate to this? What in gods name is happening to me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fearnot

• Rec's: 3
  • eatawayanxiety(dot)com
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello, you should really read this.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
It's exactly as you've said. You have GAD and now panic disorder, which seems to be putting you through a big spin cycle. All your symptoms described are very typical of an anxiety disorder. You aren't dying. Not because of anxiety nor any of the symptoms you're feeling. You won't go crazy nor lose control ever either.

What's happened is that, for some reason or another - really doesn't matter why, you've become hypersensitised to stress. Your body is in high alert mode, and stuck there. All the adrenaline and cortisol pumping through you is exhausting your body's nutrients and energy in a constant mode of preparation to fight or flee. Anxiety affects most if not all of the systems in your body, your whole nervous system as well as your digestive system especially.

What you have to learn to do is not react fearfully to the symptoms you're experiencing - best way to think of it is as a false smoke alarm going off... You have to eat well, sleep well, exercise and work on how to cope with and manage triggers of your anxiety or stress. Anxiety tends to be an 'avoidant' disorder.. could there be something you aren't or haven't been dealing with well?
Bookmark and Share
eatawayanxiety(dot)com - eat away what's been eating you

Tags: