Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New worry..again!!! (Eye pain)  (Read 152 times)

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New worry..again!!! (Eye pain)
« on: December 07, 2013, 01:14:37 AM »
I just a thing on tv about eye problems and vision loss and it got me thinking about a problem I have.

In October of 2012 I felt a weird pulling/pinching sensation behind my left eye. I only felt it when I move my eyeball from side to side. I, of course, researched it online thinking brain tumor but nothing was saying that this was a common symptom of a brain tumor. I've read it's probably a pinched nerve.

It's never gotten worse. It usually last maybe a day, if that. And then I could go days without feeling it. Then it suddenly returns again. And again for maybe a day at a time.

It's obviously now December 2013, more than a year later, and it's never gotten worse. I don't have any vision problems. And since it's a year later, should I be concerned about it? Any idea what it could be? Thanks....

Damn hypochondria!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New worry..again!!! (Eye pain)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 06:27:51 AM »
I get this too, every now and then. I've come to the conclusion that it's eye strain: last time I got it bad was just after I'd finished reading a book which I read for several hours in one sitting. And also, I spend a lot of time on the PC/my phone. I am short sighted and hadn't wore my glasses for about a year so I started wearing them and my eyes have been alright for a few weeks now. I was worried it was a brain tumour at first but like you I've had the eye pain for more than a year so I just accepted that it's eye strain/not wearing my glasses.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »
For you is it like a pulling sensation behind the eye when moving it? And if it is strain do you know if there is anyway that it can be stopped permanently? It's annoying isn't it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »
Yes that's what it feels like for me. I'm not sure if there's a permanent cute so to speak, but maybe if you use the computer a lot take regular breaks and rest your eyes, and maybe get an eye test to see if glasses will help, they rest your eyes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 01:34:30 PM »
Yea I guess it could be from the screen. In August of 2012 I got an iPad. And the eye pain started 2 months later. I'm one of those people that turns the lights off at night but then continues to use the iPad in the dark for an hour or two afterwards. I guess it's just eye strain.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: