Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Am I gonna die?  (Read 423 times)

Offline MJG03

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Am I gonna die?
« on: December 06, 2013, 09:53:30 PM »
I've never experienced anything like this. I was told today I may have an ear infection. The pressure in my ear is insane. I have a constant humming sound and am starting to notice a tiny bit of hearing loss. I have a headache. The back of my neck hurts. Sore throat and chest pain. As well as general weakness and shaking. I'm SO scared something more is going on or that the infection is going to spread to my skull or brain. I just started amoxicillin. Does that take away the ear pressure? Could I go deaf? It's been a long time since I've had anxiety like this and I've never had an infection like this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NewMommyTX

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am I gonna die?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 10:19:42 PM »
I'm having ear pain and fluid but no infection. I'm scared because it's causing me to feel dizzy. Do you feel dizzy? My physician gave me a steroid shot and antibiotics. Have you taken decongestants?
Bookmark and Share

Offline MJG03

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »
I realize this sounds ridiculous compared to what other people are going through but I feel so alone right now. My boyfriend has absolutely no anxiety about anything so I just sit and google and panic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MJG03

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 10:21:57 PM »
I sometimes feel dizzy. No decongestants or steroids. Just amoxicillin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Cowardly neurotic anxious stressed out depressed human being.
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:42:08 PM »
No you are not! Please don't say that hun, you are going to be fine! What you are describing is what i used to experienced too. Especially the pressure feeling on my head, ears and even on the bridge of my nose! Yes, the headaches... Two words: Tension headache. You are experiencing a Anxiety so that it's natural you might get a physical symptoms caused by Anxiety. please try to relax and calm down, talk to your friends, family, loved ones about your problems associated with your Anxiety. You are fine! crossfingers

Hugs and Merry Christmas!
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it" - Paramore (from the song "Now")
Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries" - Timon & Pumba (Disney's Lion King)
“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline MJG03

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 08:00:08 PM »
I now have full blown ringing in both ears! When will this end?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 09:24:10 AM »
I had a terrible ear infection in March 2012, where my ENT had to puncture my eardrum to release the fluid
twice in a 2-3 week period. I was also on antibiotics. My ear rang, buzzed, clicked and made other sounds.
I was also dizzy. My ENT told me that ear infection symptoms can last after the acute infection is gone, but will
eventually pass. I would not worry.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 01:26:41 PM »
This can last for another 2 or 3 days, and if you have a really heavy infection even longer. All normal symptoms of an ear infection. And I know they hurt, I had a lot of these buggers as a kid. An ear infection will not spread to your brains, period. And it's very normal you experience symptoms of the flu during an ear infection, because your body is in infection-battle-mode. Your muscles will hurt, your skin can hurt, your head and even your eyes can hurt.
The amoxicillin is an antibiotic used a lot in ear and airway infections. It's a very good medicine if you use it as prescribed (so please, don't stop taking them if you think they don't work fast enough). I know these ear infections are very painful and annoying. The inner ear is responsible for your balance, so you probably feel dizzy too. Try to take some rest. For some people it really helps to put a warm towel on their ear, for some people the heat only makes it worse. Don't be too afraid of going deaf. Even if your eardrum get's punctured, it can heal itself very well. An ear infection is hard on your body. It's really fighting hard for you right now. So give it time to heal. We always say that you need one day of healing for every single day you have a fever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MJG03

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »
I just had a follow up appt with my regular doctor. The pressure has now spread to my entire face and other ear. She said she thinks I have fuild trapped behind my eardrum and that it should clear on its own. I asked her about the ringing and she said if it's not better in a week she will send me to a ENT. That of course makes me nervous. I don't want this to be permanent. For now I'm continuing with the Amoxicillin and she added sudafed and Flonase to the mix. Not sure if my anxiety is better or worse after this appt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »
She will sent you to an ENT because he can do more to release the pressure from your ears. Like I said, ear infections can make you feel really crappy.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: