Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: eye contact  (Read 418 times)

Offline Abstract

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
eye contact
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »
hm i dont know what it is about me but i just cant make proper eye contact. Whether it's a friend or teacher or guy I like i just cant look at them for more than 5 seconds. It hurts in a way like they're staring at all your flaws and I just cant do it. I want to change that about myself because most people think im being rude and im just like no i promise im just really timid. sigh i hope im not the only one
Bookmark and Share

Offline Laura48310

• Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: eye contact
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 12:22:31 PM »
I'm the same way i don't make eye contact with strangers when they talk to me. It's not that your rude it's just we are feeling insecure. I guess we should practice when we recognize we are not making eye contact to force ourselves to do it. Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline RansfordRowe

• Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 01:15:35 AM »
Hi. I find making eye contact difficult with most people but espically strangers escpically when they seem unfriendly.When I conciously focus on making eye contact then its easier for me then.

I think one of the reasons behind it is that I link eye contact as an invitation for people to engage with another person.Thats the last thing I want to do with strangers.
Bookmark and Share
Life can be heaven or hell depending on your frame of mind.Im trying to make it more heaven than hell.

Offline Annonymouse

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »
Hello, I feel the same and it makes me awfully uncomfy when they're staring and not looking away. Try making eye contact with your family though, I guess you're more used to them and won't feel as uncomfy, might help when dealing with strangers. That's what I do and it helps, takes a while to get used to anyway   ::)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: