Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Itch more when you think about it???  (Read 230 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Itch more when you think about it???
« on: December 06, 2013, 01:44:42 PM »
So this morning I woke up and my legs itched a little. I attribute it to dry skin (at least that's what I have to keep telling myself). So going along with my lymphoma fear, I started thinking "OMG, this is another symptom of lymphoma that I'm having).

So now, since that thought/fear, I've been itching all day so far. My scalp, arms, hands, torso, legs, ect. I'll have an itch, briefly touch or scratch it, then another one appears elsewhere on my body.

Does anyone find they itch more when they're thinking/worried about itching? Could this be all in my head/anxiety?????
Bookmark and Share

Online stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Itch more when you think about it???
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 02:14:34 PM »
If I start thinking about being itchy or itching as a symptom then I always start to itch. I had this same thing go one with my lymphoma fear. You can definitely cause yourself to itch by thinking about it.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Bdml5

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 04:13:35 PM »
Absolutely!!!! A couple of months ago (summer) I had red spots on my body almost like mosquito bites but they weren't. I googled and and convinced myself it was scabies. I obsessed every waking moment. My poor husband. I spent hours checking my body and looking for microscopic bugs and burrows. Went to the dermatologist when the itching got out of control. He said it was not scabies and that itching becomes worse when you dwell on it. I gave myself two months of worry. After two months I realizes if it was these nasty bugs my children would have had them and my hubby and I would be worse. Well they went away and so did the itching. Still don't know what it was but I'm guessing another freak side effect of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 04:32:20 PM »
Yes absolutely !! It's defiantly anxiety I am plagued by lymphoma fears and when ever I have a really bad day. The itching starts all over !
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »
Yes, many times. I had two bouts of this last week. The itching actually woke me up because I had dreamed I was itching. Pretty weird stuff. Anyways, once awake, the itching was awful and worse the more I thought about it.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 12:59:40 PM »
Gosh I hope that's all that I'm having. I've been terrified of lymphoma because of off and on sweating at night. Not drenching but sonetines makes my collar and undies damp. I literally thougt to myself 2 weeks and 2 days ago, her I really hope I don't start itching cause that's a big lymphoma symptom. I starting itching the minute after that and I've been crazy itchy since! Especially arms and legs. I've been itching so much and just getting more and more upset. Don't know if it's kind induced or really lymphoma. :( like I said it started 2 weeks and 2 days ago. It wasn't bad while we were on thanksgiving vaca but it's been bad before bad after tgat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: