Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Center chest pain.  (Read 223 times)

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Center chest pain.
« on: December 06, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
I haven't posted on here in a while but I need some insight on what I'm experiencing. So for a few days I've been experiencing pain in the center of my chest. It feels like it's the muscles and bones that hurt. Like if you press to hard and let go and it aches. My left side doesn't hurt and my right side doesn't. Just the center. And I can breathe fine. It's almost like the center of my chest feels bruised but it only happens randomly while I'm sleeping and when I change positions when I'm laying down.
Just a few minutes ago I turned over on my back and there was a lot of pressure there but I could still breathe fine. It gave me a lot of anxiety so now more areas of my chest are bothering me but idk what to do. I'm pretty sure that nothing serious comes from the center of my chest hurting?? Correct me if I'm wrong. Urgent replies would be very much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline megant19

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Center chest pain.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 01:00:09 PM »
Hi there - I was diagnosed with costochondritis earlier this year, sounds a lot like what you describe. From what I'm told, if the pain is intensified by pressing or moving, it is musculoskeletal and not internal. Mine doesn't hurt that much to touch, but it hurts a lot to lay on my side as well. Costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage that connects your ribs to your sternum. It can be caused by any number of things, none of which are anything serious. I have had it for months now, some people only have it once for a couple weeks, or it can be chronic and last for a long time. I am working with a chiropractor to try and ease the pain, not much luck so far. Anyway, it sounds very similar to what you describe. Hope that helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline kvndl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 02:42:10 PM »
Oh wow thank you so much for your reply I didn't even think about something like that. It does definitely sound like it could be something like that
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »
I agree with megant19.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline MichGuy

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »
I agree with megant19.

Hear, Hear!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: