Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Klonopin pill cut question  (Read 236 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Klonopin pill cut question
« on: December 05, 2013, 11:42:15 PM »
I was wondering if anyone else has cut the pill not down the middle but like chipped away at the other part
Bookmark and Share

Offline Abraham2007

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
Re: Klonopin pill cut question
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 12:11:57 AM »
You can get a pill cutter from the drug store.  They price around $4.00 to $5.OO.  It's advisable to cut a number of pills at once, so you'll have a number of pills ready without needing to halve them by hand later.

You also may want to ask your psychiatrist to write out a new Klonopin prescription of .5mg at 60/120 qty, instead of 1mg at 60qty.  You can still take two pills a day at 1mg, without needing to break them on your own at midpoint.  I know it can be a hassle to have hand-cut, half pills, because it's not easy to make every pill cut exact, however a newer prescription at the half the dose may solve your problem.   Your pills will automatically be at .5mg per tablet.   If you need to take 1mg, just take two tablets at .5mg.
Bookmark and Share
Quacks prey on us Anxiety Disorder sufferers as part of the Mental Health community, since we can be desperate for healing.  Don't be victimized, instead be EDUCATED about  QUACKERY!!!!! http://www.quackwatch.com/ 

Offline brendab1223

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 06:56:12 AM »
I'm thinking of cutting my .5 mg in half. Bought a pill cutter at Walmart. It cost $2.99. Haven't tried it yet but will let you know if I was successful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
They put me on 3mg, been on it for like 2 months and they come on 1mg tablets, I hate being on such a high dose, makes me feel like a zombie. Idk what to do
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 66
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 10:22:33 PM »
They put me on 3mg, been on it for like 2 months and they come on 1mg tablets, I hate being on such a high dose, makes me feel like a zombie. Idk what to do

If you want to get off Klonopin the easiest way is to switch to an equivalent dose of diazepam (Valium) and weaning off it. The equivalent of 3mg Klonopin is 60mg diazepam). You could initially gradually cut back on the Klonopin by half a tablet at a time every 2-3 weeks until you're only taking 1.5mg/day and then switching to 30mg diazepam.

BTW-3mg is only a high dose for anxiety. If you were taking it for seizures you'd probably be on 10-20mg/day.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: