Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid I'm pushing him to the edge  (Read 322 times)

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Afraid I'm pushing him to the edge
« on: December 05, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »
My fiance is great. He's really understand and supportive. He is.

I'm just not sure how much longer he can take it, though, because my anxiety has been putting major stress on everything and is causing financial problems now. I freak out about my health, and I rush to the ER. I've been trying to stop myself. I really have, but it's so hard because I get so terrified. Long story short - I don't have insurance or a job. So the costs add up. A lot. So now I've got all of these bills, and I've told him he doesn't have to pay for it, but of course he feels like he has to, but on top of those bills I have actual doctor appointments that I need and that's hard, too. It just really sucks.

He says he's not going to leave me and that he understands, but it's so hard to really see it going on much longer. I'm just waiting for him to get fed up. :(
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 152
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid I'm pushing him to the edge
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 05:54:15 AM »
Maybe you are reading him all wrong. He could mean what he says. He sounds like a person who loves you a lot. Who wants to see you get better. At any cost. A lot of people would give anything to have a person like this in their lives. At best you can show him that you are trying to make things right. Therapy might be better than ER. If you think of all the things you ever thought you had. How many where really true? Most probably none. What do with this information. We don't ignore it. We have to learn how to use. To help us out in the future. Start making a list of everything you ever thought you had. Next time you think you have something, look on the list. See if it is there. If it is, tell yourself ' I thought I had this before and it was only mind acting up on me '. I know it can be hard. I know it feels like death is knocking at your door. HA is a horrible form of anxiety. But something like this is the only way forward. To accept the mind is playing tricks on you. To learn how to ignore those bad feelings. Best off spending money on a good therapist than rushing to ER every time you feel something is wrong. This will be a change he will see in you. That you are working on your problems. Not just sitting there ignoring them and accepting what you have and telling yourself it will happen again. Time to think in a more positive way. To be productive. Then all that money spent will be worth it.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: