Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Please help!? Loaded question but I need some Input.  (Read 146 times)

Offline Hammerxthree

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Please help!? Loaded question but I need some Input.
« on: December 05, 2013, 09:45:13 PM »
I'm 18 years old. I live a healthy lifestyle except for my pot smoking. I have cut back though to give my body time to heal and it will stay that way. However, about 2 months ago, I smoked and I instantly felt weird! I even went to the emergency room because of how freaked out I was. They checked my white blood cell count and tested me for some other illnesses and they all came back negative. Since then however, I've felt really weird. My heart races for no reason, it'll be fast one moment and slow the next. I went to the nurse and she said my blood pressure was 140/72. Did I have a TIA that night? I can't remember much except I was freaking out. Sometimes when I'm sitting in class I get short of breath randomly. When I don't have my glasses on my head feels weird, not really dizzy but not normal. I don't feel numb or anything. I have slight chest pains on and off. Never too severe. I do have anxiety issues and I am planning to go see my doctor when I get home from college which is next Friday. I'll most likely see the doctor the Monday after. Does this sound like a high blood pressure problem, heart problem, stroke???? Or even something else? My body is ALWAYS warm, but I've been told that by my ex girlfriends for years now. My eyes have what it seems like lights flashing in them???? I'm not sure it's hard to explain.  Please help would be much appreciated  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Please help!? Loaded question but I need some Input.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
I'm pretty sure you're OK. Your blood pressure is slightly elevated but not dangerous (definitely not stroke level). And it was most likely due to anxiety. Anxiety can cause all kinds of crazy physical symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, 05:34:13 AM »
All symptoms of anxiety. You had a scare with the smoke that had some negative effects. That kind of things make you too aware of every sensation in your body. It's almost like you're now constantly waiting for something bad to happen. And that brings you into a state of anxiety.  Because of the adrenalin rushes you get even more aware of your body. You're trapped in a circle right now. Try to get out of it, or ask for help to get out of it. You'll be fine! I understand this is new to you, so you just have to learn how to cope.
Bookmark and Share

Offline japheree

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 06:06:52 AM »
It sounds like the classic effects of anxiety. You will see a lot of people here describing an intangible sense of 'being off' and having weird racing heart sensations. These are real but they are also anxiety driven. You might actually have slightly elevated blood pressure during these episodes but a helath 18 year old should have no concerns about that being dangerous. If there was nothing showing with any other tests then I would think it is safe to assume that anxiety is all it is.

I will add to this that I assume at 18 this is your first semester of college. That is generally a very stressful time for everyone even if they don't know it so that could be the trigger.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: