Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Seizure in my sleep? Complete exhaustion: Brain tumor fear  (Read 379 times)

Offline MorningGlory

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Seizure in my sleep? Complete exhaustion: Brain tumor fear
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:46:09 PM »
Last night, I went to bed with a horrible headache  (migraine?) and woke up with it again at 3 am. When I woke up at around 8am it was better, but came back within an hour. Since I woke up, I have been EXHAUSTED all day. Every muscle in my body feels fatigued, and all I have wanted to do was nap. I've had tired days before, but not like this. I have read before that after seizures, people are completely exhausted. My current symptoms furthered my concern that there's a mass within my brain.

I've had pulsating vision for the past month, that is almost always constant, really flares up when going up stairs or exercising. I am hoping that tight neck muscles could cause this (I have REALLY tight neck muscles from holding stress there). The pulsating vision makes me think there is something increasing pressure within my brain and putting pressure on the optic nerve. I've been testing my eyes to light (I know this is a no no for us hypos!) and my light eye is a little less responsive.

Tried to take a nap, but I feel really off balanced and light headed... and still SO tired. I know brain tumors cause seizures, and I'm really afraid that I had one in my sleep last night. :/ SO tired today... and the pulsating vision has already but the brain tumor fear in my head. About to head in to finals, and I'm completely absorbed by this. Any feedback or comments would be very much appreciated. Grateful for you guys!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Seizure in my sleep? Complete exhaustion: Brain tumor fear
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »
If you had a tumor bad enough to cause those symptoms, it would've started causing a lot of other symptoms too, like partial paralysis. Stuff you wouldnt be able to possibly miss.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MorningGlory

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:10:56 PM »
Yeah, I just heard of a story of a girl who was on a family vacation in Florida when she had a seizure which led to her diagnosis.. so I've been "waiting" for it. Gotta love health anxiety! But I hope you're right, thanks for the input!
Bookmark and Share

Offline WorryJules

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 06:07:38 PM »
Sorry you're in a bad place about this at moment.  If it's any comfort I have epilepsy and you're correct that after a fit (I only have peti-mal and do not loose consciousness) they leave you feeling exhausted.  After I've had a fit I feel tired and get headache.  However, i also suffer from migraines and from my experience the symptoms you are having are more like a migraine.  Migraine can affect your vision and mine can last for a few days.  I've also suffered from feelings of when you've been asleep and wake up yet I'm unable to move any part of my body.  I kind of like have to fight my way to wake up properly.  It's horrid and scary.  I'm no doctor but I don't think its a seizure.  Hope you're feeling OK and that this reassures a bit.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Soccer_Dude

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 06:15:45 PM »
Hi,

Most likely your exhaustion is from not getting a good nights sleep. You woke up at 3am.  Also, what sleep you did get might not have been very deep.  Loss of sleep or poor sleep can leave you feeling exhausted...

Going up and down the stairs making your eyes pulsate sounds like part of your migraine issue.  Could be sinus related or a pinched nerve in your neck. 

Best thing is to mention this to your doctor...

I would just relax and try to get a good nights rest, and see how you feel...

When's the last time you got a good nights rest? Are you well hydrated?

Soccer

Bookmark and Share

Offline MorningGlory

Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 08:10:17 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm in the middle of finals, but my last good nights sleep was Saturday night for about 10 hours... it was nice! :angel-smiley-006: I mentioned it to my doctor and he didn't even bother to shine a light in my eyes. Just suggested I drink more water which is what I've been doing, but makes no difference. I have an annual eye wellness visit with my eye doctor friday, so I'm hoping a good report with that will bring some peace of mind!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxious_brit

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 11:14:00 PM »
I had the exact same thing happen last night. Horrible migraine that almost made me throw up I came and went and came back again. This is second time in one month so of course I am freaking out it could be something worse. It's effected my vision and I have been dizzy.
Bookmark and Share
"The best way to prepare for life is to begin to live"

www.FindingHappy.org

Tags: