Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Road trip.  (Read 155 times)

Offline LaceyxJayne

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Road trip.
« on: December 05, 2013, 02:33:28 PM »
Well for starters,  I'm from michigan. Ilife with my bf but he drops me off at my parents when he works because I'm terrified of being alone. My mom and bf are like my safe people and can make my panic just dimishes. I really count on them, well my mom and step dad have decided to go to Key West flordia until it warms up. They invited me and the bf to come visit, of course we said yes, they leave in 10 days. Me and the bf have decided to head down there January 10th and to drive (I can't fly due to panic) I am now getting really anxious and not a good anxious. My worries are the following,  having a panic attack on the road and having to turn around, having an attack at the hotel we stop at to sleep (the drive is 27 hours so we have to stop one night) I'm worried about being in the mountains and my ears popping ( I have really bad vertigo) I am afraid of not being able to get back to my safe place (my bedroom, seems to make my panic go away as well) I'm worried about the crowds, the drinking, going into public. I'm pretty much worried abt everything. I'm also worried about freeking out when I have to leave I have really bad separation anxiety from my mom. I just wanna be happy and enjoy it! I am also afraid to take meds so that option is out of the question.  I'm at a loss, almost ready to just cancel,  please any helpful advice I dint wanna ruin this for anyone :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline DaphneNL

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Road trip.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 05:24:03 PM »
You're in a circle. And I don't think you're gonna get out of it by yourself. Why are you so afraid of meds? Do you have therapy?
Because you're not living now girl. You're surviving. Barely. You're worth it to enjoy life!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Arnatuille

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »
I live in Alberta, Canada and have to drive down to montana in january due to my immigration. I am also worried about that due to it being winter and not being the best driving conditions. My parents want me to fly as well but that isn't going to happen. I've ordered some herbal supplements because like you I don't want to take meds. I am afraid of the side affects and being addicted to them. I will let you know how the supplements are when i try them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LaceyxJayne

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:17 AM »
Ya let me know! I'm still so nervous!
Bookmark and Share

Offline volante

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 12:11:56 PM »
I'm the same, hate taking any kind of drugs as they turned me into a zombie! I prefer herbal types, i'll try anything to rid me of anxiety!
    Best of luck to you both.
Bookmark and Share
All are welcome to read my personal Blog

www.panicattackandanxietystopped.com

Tags: