Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hi, I'm new and I need help  (Read 88 times)

Offline moeranda

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, I'm new and I need help
« on: December 05, 2013, 05:15:29 AM »
Hi There. I'm a twenty-five year old female and I started getting bad health anxiety about two months ago.

I went to the doctor because I had a boil and since I had never had one before thought I should look it up. And then I found out about the cases of MRSA started getting extremely anxious so I decided see someone, it was big and hurt to walk because it was in the crease of my leg.  I also started getting nauseous around this time.  He put me on antibiotic and took me off a few days later. I had thrush so he started me on a mouthwash. Which I used but would often gag from. I was randomly throwing up for a while and getting paranoid and then I started getting diarrhea. We got rid of my vomiting by me taking an allergy tablet to clear up some drainage but the diarrhea continued but I'm noticing I get nauseous when I start panicking. 

My doctor currently has me cutting dairy out of my diet after doing stool samples to make sure that I don't have CDiff. I have been hyper aware of every little thing for the past few months. A back ache, a mild head ache, a sore arm muscle, everything. I am constantly questioning if I have something. Lately it has been with one of my eyes that something just doesn't seem right with (I need a new glasses prescription, so I should just go this weekend and have one less thing to worry about) or a pain or soreness in my breasts. Everything has turned into something scary.

I do home care and have a lot of time to think which isn't helping me at all and I am trying to not burden my husband with it too much. He will be supportive and is supportive but he is a teacher and has grading and lessons plans to do at home. We have talked about it a few times a week since it started but I am trying to keep things as normal as I can so I can hopefully snap out of this. Since it's something that is ongoing instead of just a panic attack it's starting to be something that is effecting all kinds of things in my life. I don't want to do as many things because I'm anxious and worried. I will okay and then get Diarrhea and it will almost immediately trigger my anxiety and start the whole cycle over again.

Anyways, I guess I just need some help. I keep breaking down in tears just talking about this. My whole family has generalized anxiety but I previously have mainly had occasional panic attacks for years.

Advice? Help? Something? I don't know what I'm asking for but I'm scared and I hate it.
Bookmark and Share

Online BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, I'm new and I need help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »
Hi moeranda,

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

moeranda, I'm sorry to hear about your recent bout with anxiety.  There are MANY people here who also suffer from Health Anxiety, so I'm sure you will find help and support.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ.

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 61
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, I'm new and I need help
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. My internal medicine physician told me that once anxiety begins
to interfere with your everyday life, one must do whatever is necessary to try to alleviate it,
whether it be through therapy, medication, alternative medicine, etc., to try to get your life back
on track.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: